Fix Rumbles by enabling leagues...

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Tex, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Tex

Tex Commodore

I have a suggestion to fix the issue of low level PH bases ruining rumbles. Most bases in a guild are very near the same level. For example, top level guilds only have PH8-9 typically. The only reason top guilds would allow low level bases in the guild is to use them in rumbles.

To solve this Midoki could add a feature to allow guild Captain to choose what "league" they want to rumble in. These leagues could be tiered, for example, a low level league might count scores from only PH1-3 bases. Whereas a high level league would only count scores from PH7-9 bases.

The default setting would be a league that allows all scores to count regardless of PH level. Exactly how the games works currently.

The beauty of my idea is it would not prevent a guild from accepting any PH level bases into their guild. But the "league" defines which PH bases will count in a rumble. So if you are participating in the highest level league, any BP scored by bases <7 would not count towards rumble scoring.

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Genius suggestion!!
    [​IMG]

cmooneey likes this.
  3. Jiminy Cricket

Jiminy Cricket Powder Monkey

That would be brilliant!

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

So if you were in a guild as a ph6 and your captain chose to rumble in the PH 7-9 league. You couldn't contribute to the rumble?

I'd be finding another guild.

I think this idea *could* be good, but as is I don't like it. Half baked imo

5. Naga Jolokia

Naga Jolokia Powder Monkey

I agree it is a big issue in this game. Unfortunately, your idea is not as good as you think (in my opinion) since there are any PH level in my guild... and yes, players not involved in the rumble would be upset...

I thought about another solution... since a fight can give up to 18-20 BP regardless of the PH level, only the 5th or 10th first fights of a player would be taken into account for the rumble... or 300-500 fights for the whole guild for example (that could balance rumbles regardless to the size of the guilds)...

What do you think ?! Otherwise, a balance should be done and give more BP to the high PH because they need more time to recruit pirates...

6. Tex

Tex Commodore

@Naga Jolokia the idea you have is good. But Midoki would never go for it because they make too much revenue from individuals who spend money to make all their fights count.

@Bear the default league for all guilds would be just as it currently is. The captain would have to opt into a more competitive league. And I'm betting that most serious, high rolling players would be happy if lesser PHs left the main guild. The smart guilds will use additional guilds as they do now for less advanced players. And later the player can move into the competitive league should they desire.

Some will argue that there will be fewer guilds to match with at higher levels. But I think most of us prefer more time waiting to be matched, if it means getting the type of match they actually want.

7. Tex

Tex Commodore

This can be solved with 2 leagues. The default league defined as it currently is AND a competitive league that limits BP scoring to PH7+.

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

I'd go for your second idea before the first. Lots of people don't like the multi guild mentality. They just want a single guild with friends that are active. Most don't even care to stay on the Leaderboards. I wouldn't say that people in multi guilds are smarter.