Flagpole a decoration.... and utility?

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by One-Eyed Willy, Nov 2, 2014.

1. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

After reading the description of the flagpole, "Standing high above the ground, this is a great place to spy any incoming attacks from rival pirates", I thought to myself how neat it would be if the flagpole actually served a purpose aside from being a noteworthy decoration. Something that would effect gameplay in some manner.

Can anyone think of a practical utility usage they would like to see implemented for this decoration?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I like the idea, but I'm not a fan of anything that can only be built by gems giving an advantage over gameplay. The players should be on equal footing regardless of their wallets

3. One-Eyed Willy

I have to respectfully disagree with your objection. 100 gems is easily attainable by the achievement rewards offered through casual gameplay.

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Then why not add a 1000 gem gun available to a PH1 that fires in all directions and is almost impossible to destroy? You can earn 1000 gems from challenges and exploring, so where is the line drawn before gems are not used to obtain an advantage? Gems used to buy gold/grog seems fair, but gems to buy weapons hardly seems fair. Now if it was a good/grog update to the flagpole, I'd be fine with that. It seems like a weird distinction, I'm sure but it's my opinion.

Now to the challenge at hand, what addition to the flagpole could we do? Here's my idea: 2,000,000 gold upgrade gives you +5 tavern spaces for revenge attacks only

5. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

You could spike the heads of the enemies you have defeated on top of them ;) They stay there until you beat the next person...maybe with a little flag on their funny head to show the guild...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  6. One-Eyed Willy

I think you are getting carried away about the fact that 100 gems may be purchased. And it is a far stretch when you suggest that of a 1000gem item. The 100 gems is fairly easily attainable for even the most casual of players who complete the quests and venture out on explorations every now and again.

My thoughts for the utility of this decoration are of a practical nature. Perhaps a scout could be atop the flagpole and rearm any mines that went off on a prior attack. This of course could run like the guild perks as they are active only for a limited amount of time.

7. One-Eyed Willy

Just a thought. U guys' ideas are cool too. I'd be eager to see what others have as an idea as well.

8. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

I like the idea of rearming mines by any means available....!

9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I like this idea - I just wish a flagpole upgrade wasn't necessary to do it:)