Flexibility in Forming Attack Group

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by DobleTippen1st, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Currently, we each have some "optimum" attack group composition; e.g., mine is 12 gunner, 4 Brutes, and 7 Thieves. Not infrequently, I look at an island and think I'd be better off with a slightly different attack group composition but cannot change what I've got "on the ship".

It would be interesting to me if the ship could carry more attackers than could be committed to the attack. In my example, I might transport 39 tavern slots (e.g.,16 gunners, 4 Brutes, and 7 Thieves) but be allowed to commit no more than 35 tavern slots to the attack. In this fashion, I could attack trade a Brute for 4 gunners.

One way of accomplishing this would be:
    a. The ship level determines the number of tavern slots used to "guard the ship"; e.g., level 3 ship requires 5 tavern points to guard the ship.
    b. When attacking, the computer prevents the user from dropping tavern slots sufficient to "guard the ship".
    c. Finally, to keep combat reasonably consistent with the current system, increase the available tavern slots by the tavern level; e.g., tavern level 5 gets 40 instead of 35 tavern slots.

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I get the frustration of coming upon an island with overflowing coffers and wanting a different selection of troops, but I feel that this helps me develop a better team for all around attacks. Then I just hit next until I find an island that meets my needs/requirements

3. GetRekked

GetRekked Crew

Really interesting idea, I'd love to see something like this implemented.

4. zag

zag Crew

This would help with the queuing issue as well.

But.
    The Ship and Tavern are actually different "loads" at present.

5. Having distinct ship and tavern capacities is even better! Let us say we have three datums: shipCarryingCapacity, shipGuardSize, and tavernLoad with the obvious definitions from above.

If shipCarryingCapacity > tavernLoad, the user would have to recruit multiple sets of pirates to fill the shipCarryingCapacity.

If shipCarrying Capacity < tavernLoad, the user could be recruiting the next batch attackers while attacks/explorations are underway.

While many players would keep shipCarryingCapacity and tavernLoad in synch, players could experiment with strategies for recruiting and dispatching big/small ships.

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore