Forced/personal break

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WOLLIMAUS, Jun 1, 2017.

1. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

We had yesterday in the afternoon a very hard fight in our rumble against Dead Unicorn Inc.
    For the first time EVER the game forced me in a 8 min break and after this for 4 minutes again that somebody can attack my island. :eek:
    For 12 min i couldn't help my guild. :mad:
    Since when is this? Came this in the maintenance during the day and you covered it up with the thunderstruck event announcement?
    I play the game since last December and never had this before. And i am many hours :rolleyes: per day in the game... nonstop.

Did you copy it from clash of clans? Please do also copy then the friendly challenge possibility. I would love o practice how to attack an ph 11 island on my guild members places. Thank you very much.:)

Ps: but fortunately i got a warning that this is coming, i could still start and finish my attack and then you kicked me out

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

It was in the update in March. It's to prevent people from keeping their islands online for too long, as it stops them from being available for Revenge and standard attacks - obviously we love that people are dedicated to Plunder Pirates, but we don't think that a short break after many hours of being online is too harsh a burden to bear.

850arrr likes this.
  3. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

hi Lynsey!

Does it help that i kick sometimes myself for about 5min and go back online or let me go offline and get back with the hook? What is the time-limit for nonstop online? Was there some info about this somewhere?

Our ph 11 players are VERY bored, nothing new at all. They have almost :oops:1000 days full as a pirate. Since 3 years they read COMING SOON... and nothing. A new ship and lighthouse only in this half year since i play, but still no new sea-map for them. Everybody thought that when the ship is upgraded they get also a new map.
    The silo is full of stuffs for already maxed legends and so on. All the pirates are also maxed in the academy, no challenges anymore!!! Its time to do something NOW, really. I got still something to do, but some day... :confused::(.

The faster pirate recruitment was very nice. I think everybody loved it.

And how about a new pirate catcher level... to slowly comes the troops even it is maxed too. And not all of us can buy gems.

We all hope that the promised update with new innovations comes soon. Maybe this year? Until then, i go and kick some a...s and get my a.. kicked from other ones :p.

Have a nice day! :)
    cheers
    wolli

4. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Please, now i would like to see numbers and read how it works. @Lynsey [Midoki] o_O
    The forced break is 10min and it is enough time to get visible for other players and get attacked. But sometimes no attack, depends how attractive the island is for others.
    The forced break comes about after 9h when a player is continuously online.
    Why i have the feeling that for example 10-20min offline time during that 9h, chosen by me, when I want and not getting attacked, are not enough to avoid the penalty/forced break? :(
    Shouldn't start the count down again?

5. Lynsey [Midoki]

We won't give exact details about this as it'd allow people to exploit it

6. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

7. Floki

Floki Captain

Exploit you say:cool:

8. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

I would say in some cases benefit ;). It depends how you see it :D.

9. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I have been hearing from guildmates that the forced break time is now sometimes more than 10 minutes. They have recently had 15-20 minute forced breaks? Is this something new or a glitch? @Lynsey [Midoki]

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  10. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Yup :confused:

Mini got 10min today and main for 1. time over 10min=15min, like my guildmate in the last few days got randomly for his 2 acco‘s. I already sent a ticket and he did too. :cool:

11. Lynsey [Midoki]

I will check - it might be that the timer gets extended if you keep on triggering the personal break repeatedly.

12. Lynsey [Midoki]

Yep, if you keep on hitting the personal break timer, it gets extended. We appreciate that Plunder Pirates is an excellent game, but we don't want people playing to an unhealthy degree (or cheating!).

MorganFlint and Unique Rebel like this.
  13. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

As far as i remember i haven't been online that long in the few days to even get the forced break(not on thursday and friday, only on saturday and sunday i have been), so why now suddenly the so called extended timer kicks in?? and since when that timer exists? It came with the update, right? We would appreciate that we would get told about it. How many times straight the 9 hrs continously online time it needs to trigger the extended timer?? It sounds like 2 times only and if u do the same on day 3 u will get the 15min o_O

The unhealthy degree for being continously online like u call it is because the PR loosing is such a crappy thing when loosing a defense to at a lower pr lvl player for players who like to keep their PR above 900 and higher. To high the lost PR if a (also) maxed out player at 100-200 lower PR lvl then u are takes even for a crappy attack 6-24PR from same ph lvl (and also from a lower ph lvl) and u can't get it back with a revenge on him or her or otherwise, playing WITHOUT a gemmend PR PUSH EVERY DAY to get the lost PR back and keep yourself at a decent PR level!!! Because the daily time for playing the game just isn't always enough to make it up without spending gems.... So, if u can u stay continously online, that is for getting something done/back without using insane amounts of gems every day for that and avoid to get attacked after shield is deactivated.

I know the cheating is a other thing. But when it reads online next by my name-like it does now :), then it is me in person being online and tapping the screen with my finger from time to time and not a device or a app which keeps me online. I have heard about those things, yes and it is very sad that some players are using them still and haven't got caught. Because they have the technical knowledge and know how to hide.

IT feels like that, that only because of a few cheaters which got caught for hiding behind the not real online and extended shields u punish somehow that players which are not cheating. :(

@Lynsey [Midoki]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    MorganFlint likes this.
  14. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

And!! I forgot the farming... that is another reason why we stay also for many hours continously online ;)

12M grog for a LP upgrade isn’t that fast and easy to gather this days anymore when the 1M loots are scarer.

15. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

And today i got forced break warning after only 8hrs continously online time, after i ran out of shield!! :mad:

Can u tell me/ us why??o_O
    I‘ve sent a ticket.

@Lynsey [Midoki]

Sea Patriot likes this.
  16. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

”Problem” solved.

Yes it counts as online time being online under shield too.

I have been online under shield today for about 1h(donating troops and chatting :D) and then shield ended and i continued playing and got forced break 8 hrs after shield time ended.

If i would have gone offline for over 30min during my shield time again and come back online when my shield ends/ended, that would have reset the timer and it would have been 9hrs or more. The timer isn’t constant. Me and others have been sometimes nonstop online for 10hrs and longer before forced break warning came ;).

17. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Yes, I think you solved it @WOLLIMAUS . I read back and saw that Midoki didn’t want to reveal details - Lynsey’s April comment. Any time on game starts the timer, whether under shield or not.