Forum Superguild

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Daddy P, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

A few of us have batted around the idea of setting up a superguild of high level and active forum players (and possibly other qualifying members of your existing guilds). This could be a temporary guild where you could take a break from your existing guild for a season, where we would rank push and, when war starts, dominate :D. I suspect this guild could be a top ranking guild pretty quickly if everyone pushed to over 500 rank. With some guilds growing a little stale and quiet, this might be a fun way to stir up a little activity and meet some new players, especially while we WAIT and WAIT and WAIT for the updates.

If anyone is interested, post here. If there is enough interest, we can choose a name, a launch date, and a leader.

[​IMG]

Darth Yoda and Kelani like this.
  2. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Honestly?
    There are likely a pretty large number of existing guilds in which every member is capable of exceeding 500 during a push. I recognize this super guild would be fun, but how would it be different or better?

Goose likes this.
  3. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

There will be plenty not interested. Those need not apply. :rolleyes:

500 would be a minimum. I'm sure most would well exceed that. Sure, I could go join some random clan, but I wouldn't know the people and who knows how active it would be. Personally, I have no interest in going off on an exploration. But if a number of people here that are active said, "Hey, let's join together for a bit and have some fun," why the heck not?

4. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

I would certainly be interested. There is nothing worse than a guild push where half the members make no effort. I wonder how high we could go with 50 members all having a fair go and pushing to get every point they could. Count me in.

Daddy P likes this.
  5. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Hmm... interesting!

6. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Never said I wasn't interested :)
    Just had and have questions yet unanswered:rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

If there are elements you want that would interest you, then pitch those here and let's build it.

Frankly, it would be enough for me if there was 100% participation from high level, active players. I don't care what guild you are in, that is hard to find. In my experience (here and in Samurai Siege and Clash of Clans), only about 15-20% of a guild (if you are lucky) is highly active in chat, and only about 50% are very active in the game. The remaining 50% may log in once or twice a day or every few days.

My assumption is that if you are interested in the game enough to be a forum member, then you are highly active in the game and chat. So, if you build a guild with that foundation, I think the sky is the limit as far as how strong and successful the clan could be. We R Piates (well represented in this forum) is ranked #8, and their member ranks range from 128 to 740, with only the top 20 with 500+ rank. 16 of their members are ranked under 300. It would not be hard at all to crack the top 5 guilds.

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  8. TBird

TBird Captain

It all depends on how guild wars will work here (hint, hint AB).
    Will it be guild vs. guild, or open format with every guild going for first.
    Length of time, is it 3 days or 2 weeks, total reset from zero at the start of each war period, or you keep your points and roll them over....
    And when will guild wars start in PP? sooooooooon, or shortly after the Andriod version is released.
    Soooooooo many unanswered questions that AB may be able to answer (or @Chris [Midoki] or @Lynsey [Midoki] ) on the format of guild wars and time line.

Once guild wars start and we get a few seasons under our belt, count me in.

Team name idea - Forum Chum

9. -APES-

-APES- First Mate

Tournament guilds have always worked in the past and I'm sure they will work with PP as well. If your active and you gem you will be successful. Having a large group of people to draw from will help. I'm sure you will succeed in your quest Daddy P. Good Luck !

10. I'm down for a season with a ultimate spammers guild ;)

Daddy P likes this.
  11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Let me know if you need a waterboy with a maxed base!

Daddy P likes this.
  12. mana

mana Crew

Sounds interesting. :)

13. Burnz

Burnz Captain

This could be a really fun idea, but it could destroy some guilds as well. i.e. people who don't want to return to their old guild or people in the old guilds bailing thinking us forumers are leaving for good.

I hope it is not a reset, cuz it is not hard to get to 500, just time consuming.

14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yeah, something to consider. While those people are "on loan" from their guilds, what are their old guilds supposed to do? Sit and farm and hope they come back, or replace them until they do?

15. TBird

TBird Captain

In Friendly Fire it was a 2 week war season against all teams. All team scores reset to 0 at the start of each season, but player scores stayed where they were. Only new positive points counted to the new team score. So if you had 10,000 points (same as 1000 here), you only helped team score if you scored more than 10000. Which was darn hard. So all the top players at 10000 points would drop to 0 at the start of each season. Getting back to 10000 for top players was easier then getting to 20000 from 10000.
    And dropping in FF was a lot harded and cost a unit each time. Going from 10000 to 0 would take 6-8 hours.
    And I did that every 2 weeks with my 2 big bases, my assassin bases each had about 5000 points that I would drop too. So it would take a full weekend for top players to get back in the fight and add points to team scores. Don't know how it is in CoC... Never played it.

16. TBird

TBird Captain

The one season I did an all star team it was a one off, one season thing. Everyone went back to their teams after one season.
    Funny, the weaker teams ended up having a stronger showing because the big players from the top 10 teams weren't spread out, all in one team at the top.

17. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I would swap my second account to keep presence in my clan. We did this in clash as well.

18. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Hmm, that's an idea. I never could get a second account working, though :/

19. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

On a seperate device, load pp with different Apple id and gamecenter id. If you've already synced on two devices, one device can be backed up, reset, pp loaded with new Id, then restore backup. One you have two accounts, you can switch back and forth on one device by changing gamecenter logins.