From one ship to an Armada

Discussion in 'Exploration Improvements' started by Gangrene Beard, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Simply a suggestion of adding more ships to our exploration(traveling together, not separate). Players could amass a large fleet to battle the sea creatures or the Royal Navy. I look at this as maybe just a higher level upgrade for the ship.

Also - what about traps we could buy with gold/grog for the journey. They would be things like a chain shot(for attacking enemy masts), flaming grog, or super weapons like trained Kraken...

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

This has been talked about as potentially a Guild event. Nothing is out of the question, it's all about priorities :)

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  3. PhysiX

PhysiX Powder Monkey

Hopefully (if this is included), nothing like what happened to the Spanish Armada will happen. If you don't know, the Spanish Armada consisted of 130 ships that were lead by Duke of Medina in 1588 to attack England. The Spanish Armada had a humiliating defeat, returning to Spain with only 67 ships and less than 10,000 men. The poor design of the Spanish cannon meant they were much slower in reloading in a close-range battle, allowing the English to take control.

The way my teacher told us the story was much more amusing, which is pretty much the only reason that I am still able to find it funny.

4. Kit

Kit First Mate

Which was, mostly, due to heavy storms and severe weather conditions, coupled with the ineptitude shown by those in charge of it. The following year, however, England launched its own counterattack, the Drake-Norris Expedition, consisting of an even larger fleet, and they were equally unsuccessful, but for different reasons.

5. PhysiX

PhysiX Powder Monkey

still funny, none the less