Frozen troops

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Becker Redbeard, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Anyone else getting frozen troops still? Stuck at edge of dirt and water.[​IMG]
    Guild ship still goofy too...
    [​IMG]
    Nothin' to do but end the battle when it happens late in battle.

2. The GS stuck-bug has been around for some time, but the first picture is new to me

3. Becker Redbeard

[​IMG]
    This happened today. No ship, safely on land, frozen mid-battle.
    [​IMG]
    When revive skill was ready, he unfroze. Sorry for an inexact screen capture time, but it was taken during live battle, it's clear no troops around, 20 sec elapsed. Tried to recapture the screen capture, but the replay was off.

4. Becker Redbeard

[​IMG]
    This happened to a guild mate, posted to chat in last 24 hrs. HALF her army stuck on main ship with more than two minutes remaining (in attempt to remove her name,I chopped the time off first screen cap- oops).
    [​IMG]
    @Lynsey [Midoki] will you relay these examples to the team? These are more than just the known guild ship issue. Many thanks!

5. Becker Redbeard

Just happened again. WD stuck when placed on beach at a corner of sand like topmost picture above.
    Over a minute left, 20-30 skeletons nearby with straight walk to mostly destroyed PH. Oh well, just a game.
    No love for bug threads in Forum.

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We are looking into it, we're just trying to find a way of reproducing the issue so we can see what's going wrong.

7. Becker Redbeard

Thank you!
    Great game, highly rated as you know on both App Store and Play Store, tried to get coworkers to play.
    Went a couple weeks without stuck troops or HGs walking through my walls on defense, but it's frustrating every time. :)

8. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] Please look at defense replays for my island. A pretty good percentage of them (anyone who attacks from the guild ship side) ends up getting troops stuck for a while (even though nowhere near the guild ship). Not permanently but for some time. Something about the guild ship and my layout seems to trigger this. I also experience it a lot when attacking other bases. I have learned to just ignore it, and keep deploying other troops, because then the stuck troops will usually unstick after a little while. If you just sit back and wait, they may stay stuck the entire battle.

Also, some of the time, an attacker's bombers or skellywags will walk right through my walls and guild ship like they are not even there...

Edward Kenway likes this.
  9. BB-8

BB-8 First Mate

I know I have had a few pirates just stand around and dance doing absolutely nothing then decide near the end of battle to stop dancing and join the fight. I have a video I took with my phone if needed, but I'm sure it won't help other than get a good laugh.

10. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Funny thing - as wildly inaccurate as replays are, they *do* accurately show the troop freezing issue when played back! Every time I have ever had troops freeze and watched the attack replay, I see it accurately shown. So this should be something relatively easy to monitor for... Any chance of better replays in the next release?

11. BB-8

BB-8 First Mate

Haha you are right about that @Raptelan It does show them exactly where they were and in my case it showed how long they were frozen when they become free, and exactly what they did afterwards.

12. Becker Redbeard

Not all the time, it prevented me from posting a picture of frozen WD the last time...on replay he did not stick.
    That could be one source of replay bugs? Inaccurate recording of precise point of dropped troop?
    Also I have some pics of a full group of HGs walking right through 4 walls, all of which bracketed the Guild Ship on three sides. Gotta draw some directional arrows before posting.

13. Little different then usual but might be connected to this bug.
    My jugg got stuck on top of a wall piece and only got free when he destroyed it (which took some time obviously)
    [​IMG]

14. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

I got one frosen gunner and dramatical lags while battle. And replay has only 1st speed at 2 and 4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  15. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

16. Lynsey [Midoki]

Yes, there was an issue with the guild ship which has been fixed in the upcoming update, which should hopefully solve most of the issues with frozen troops.

17. Bear

Bear Commodore

Even those freezing nowhere near the guild ship?

18. Lynsey [Midoki]

Hopefully yes, as the GS is the only object with iffy nav data - sometimes it will have far reaching consequences. As I understand it, troops target an object (or in the case of the WD, pirates), then calculate a route to their target. If they take into account the guild ship, then they sometimes freeze as they try to reconcile the fact that the fastest route is impossible.

19. Bear

Bear Commodore

Awesome!