Game Center

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by CherokeeHawke, Jan 30, 2021.

1. CherokeeHawke

CherokeeHawke Powder Monkey

Following a recent iPhone upgrade, Game Center is now turned on and asking me if I want to load the island It then goes on to say that progress in the current game will be lost. To my knowledge, I never connected the game to Game Center when I started. Have been playing for 550+ days and do not want to lose my progress but will be upgrading phone in the near future and will likely need to reconnect to my current account. Is it safe to "load the island" without losing my progress or what should I be doing?

2. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

You should be ok, but to be safe send Apple a message to see what they have to say.

CherokeeHawke likes this.
  3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

It depends. In theory, you should be absolutely fine, providing you've only ever had one island and never shared phones - we don't save different versions of your account on the server, only your current progress.

If you wanted to play it safe, you can just carry on playing as you are, but when it comes to upgrade, install Plunder Pirates on your new phone, and play through it until you're past the tutorial and have access to the Log Book. Open Pirates on your current phone, go to the Log, Settings, Device and Share and write down the code, then go to the Log, Settings, Device and Load on your new phone to copy the account across.

However, if you do end up losing your island, we can get it back if you submit an in-game ticket with the details of your old island (and you'll be asked some security questions as well). Please be aware that this process can take a while though!

Unique Rebel and CherokeeHawke like this.
  4. CherokeeHawke

CherokeeHawke Powder Monkey

Thanks

Unique Rebel likes this.
  5. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

I been through this process, Midoki have it under control. They saved my account and restored it and my life. You are in good hands, always