Game says I am not old enough to build a Guild Hall...?

Discussion in 'Guild Bugs' started by TomGnollPirate, Mar 13, 2015.

1. TomGnollPirate

TomGnollPirate Powder Monkey

So the game says "You are not old enough to build a Guild Hall". Does this just mean I have to level up my Pirate Hall some more...? Or is there some personal information entered wrong with Game Center...? Has anyone else had this problem? Just took me by surprise a little... It seems I'm old enough to buy beer, get married, and be expecting my first child, but I can't build a guild hall...

"You are too old to be playing this game" would have made more sense...

Help would be appreciated.

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Hmm, for some reason the game would appear to think that you're under 13. I'll double check if there are any known issues in this area, but it'd be grand if you could let me know:

- Have you connected to Facebook?
    - Have you connected to Game Centre?
    - Did you put in your correct birthdate on the 'You must be a sea dog, not a sea pup' dialogue when building a guild hall? Did this dialogue definitely pop up?

3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Also, I'm assuming that you don't live in a country where under 13s can get married and drink beer, heh...

Glass Eater and Christy like this.
  4. TomGnollPirate

TomGnollPirate Powder Monkey

I have not connected to Facebook, no. Do you think that would update it?
    I'm pretty sure I've connected to Game Centre.
    And I was not able to answer the "sea dog vs sea pup" question. The icon for the Guild Hall is faded out, just like any other building that is not currently available. Only difference is it becomes a question of age when I tap it. Whereas any other building which is faded out and unavailable will explain that I need a "light house level 2 to unlock this building" or "pirate hall level 4" and so on.

I'm wondering if I entered something incorrectly when I was setting up my apple ID.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

And no I don't live in a place where under 13s can do very much. Isn't there an island in the old Disney Pinocchio movie that fits that description?

5. Lynsey [Midoki]

I think you watched a very different version of Pinocchio to me... :D