Game will only load on my home wifi, no other wifis anywhere

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by lokim, Oct 8, 2014.

1. lokim

lokim Powder Monkey

Title says it all...

I have tried to load the game on my ipad 20 different places. It will only play on my home wifi. Is there any fix for this?

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Likely one of the ports that is needed to access the game is being blocked. Have you tried accessing the game from another person's home network to see if the problem persists there too?

3. lokim

lokim Powder Monkey

Yes, ive tried at multiple restaurants, my friends wifi, will try coffee shop next. It just stays on loading screen.

I have tried closing app completely and rebooting ipad completely. So far, it only will load on my home wifi.

Note, i also play CoC at these other locations and there is no issue they are blocking gaming or something that I can tell.

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Interesting. At this point I'd recommend reinstalling the app and if that doesn't work, contacting support to report the issue

5. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Re-installng the app wouldn't make any difference. As stated it is most likely that the port required to access the servers is for some reason blocked on the WIFI hubs you have tried. Obviously at home you don't have this problem.

The only way to categorically test this is to find someone else playing PP and see if they can play it over one of these WIFI hubs when you cannot. That would then give us something concrete to go on. Thanks!

6. lokim

lokim Powder Monkey

Interestingly, the game works at some wifi hubs, but not many of the public ones i have tried... It is bizarre...

7. Not really public ones have quite often some ports closed that games like this one need.