Game won't load in another country?

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Carline, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Carline

Carline Powder Monkey

Hi guys,

I am from Holland and currently studying in Brussels. For some reason I can play PP and have no connection issues whatsoever when I'm in Holland, but when I'm in my student halls the game won't load. I have tried loading it last week and this week (for over 15 minutes) on my iPad, and for some reason the game is stuck on the loading page.

I am using the wifi from my mac hotspot, I have my laptop connected with an internet cable. Maybe this could be a reason why the game won't load? However other apps work just fine, so maybe it's not the internet that's causing the problem.

I do really love this game, so I hope someone can kindly help me figure it out...

Thank you in advance

2. It might be because of the hotspot stuff, or your university blocks it? Someone from my guild is from Belgium so thats not the problem. I'm Dutch too, and I live close to the german border, also that isn't an issue or anything.. So probably something concerning the internet available there

3. Carline

Carline Powder Monkey

The weird/annoying thing is that every other app works just fine. I do hope someone knows what I can change in order for the game to work. I have no idea if buying a router could possibly solve this problem... if it does I might consider buying one.

4. Well I like your dedication, are you using the internet from the school or an other "open" network?

5. Carline

Carline Powder Monkey

Dedication? More like addiction haha. I am using this thunderbolt ethernet cable thing to connect the internet to my laptop. Then if I want internet on my phone and/or ipad, I make a wifi hotspot out of my laptop.... And I am not able to use my laptop anymore. It's all pretty annoying. Tomorrow I will try the school wifi to see if the game will load there just to be sure.

6. Wait hold on.. You are using a macbook to create a hotspot for you iPad? And other apps that need internet do work?

7. Carline

Carline Powder Monkey

Yeah. I only have an internet cable right, for my laptop. So in order to get internet to my phone and ipad I switch to the hotspot. Like so:

[​IMG]

8. I am using a MB pro and a iPhone 4, and tried to simulate this, well my iPhone had internet (somehow my MB pro didn't anymore and I had to reboot it (might be because i'm in Yosemite Beta). So your setup should work.. i'm in the dark here too!

9. Carline

Carline Powder Monkey

Well thanks for your help anyway! I will try and see if I can play it on my iphone :).

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  10. Carline

Carline Powder Monkey

Update: iphone doesn't work either! I have no idea how to fix the internet.

11. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately it sounds like the University WIFI maybe have the port required for game to connect, blocked. I would suggest you try it over 3G if possible as there shouldn't be any problem with that. This is absolutely no reason why moving countries will stop the game from working, so I would suggest the 3G option.

12. Captain Dack

Captain Dack Powder Monkey

13. Captain Dack

I'm having a slightly different problem. On a Transatlantic cruise with unlimited wifi. Able to play Star Wars Commander but not able to play Plunder Pirates. I'm getting messages that my island was attacked, shield about to expire, blacksmith guild active, but unable to load game. It just sits on the loading screen with the crossbones circling the skull. I'm afraid to see how far my rating has fallen. What port needs to be open?

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Silly question, but have you force-closed all other apps? Depending on the device you're using, this can be a big help. If that doesn't work you can also try resetting your network settings.

15. Captain Dack

Considering I've owned an ipad three years and never knew about force closing not a silly question at all. Did it but it did not work. :( The it dept on ship is run by monkeys so no help there - they looked at me as if I was a sea serpent! Guess I'll have to wait until I hit shore. Thanks for the suggestion!