General game update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Capt. Overkill, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Capt. Overkill

Capt. Overkill Powder Monkey

Just curious as to when there will be a game update that will actually improve gameplay and not just additions to outfits and new pirate halls. (i.e adjustments to prices, fixing the serious problems with troop AI, ect.) I know I speak for a lot of people that play that say the same thing, the game has serious potential and could easily contend with your biggest rivals if you would only fix some of the big problems plaguing the game. We desperately need an update to help out game play, we are begging you. There's a reason your competition has 4 times the amount of game downloads. Do yourselves a favor and put more effort into gameplay not outfits.

Thanks for your time.

2. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I tanked my pirate rank in an effort to find something worth attacking for the event. Doesn’t make much sense to have an event where you get points for the loot you stole. However, can’t find an island at my level with any loot (not even cover the cost of my troops.) Lucky to even find a ph 14 to attack most of the time after nexting many, many ph 12-13. I thought this problem was being addressed. Must’ve been another rumble that killed all the islands “worth” attacking. Are any Midoki people still playing the game or have you given up like so many others? Do you seriously think hitting the next button is fun? Are there really people that will attack islands with less than 100k grog or gold. What a mess!

I have tried attacking from rank 100-900 and there is literally almost nothing worth hitting the fight button for. :(

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  3. Capt. Overkill

I agree, that is but one of many bugs that need to be addressed. Midoki seems to be primarily focused on selling outfits so as to line their pockets. Their focus needs to be on the longevity of the game, by making sure the game can hold up against competition like coc and others like it. Clash set the bar really high and to be honest I feel like Midoki isn't trying to reach it. There's a reason clash has 4 times the amount of downloads that plunder has. How often when hitting next searching for an opponent do you come across one you've seen before, often... I have never seen the same opponent in the 5 years I've been playing clash, speaks volumes about plunder pirates......

4. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Well it seems the game has bounced back to “normal” since playing yesterday. I just think it’s really inconvenient and annoying when the top guilds duke it out. Everyone else has to suffer a game that’s pretty much unplayable. Judging from the rumble leaderboard, I’d say the top two guild must’ve matched a day or two ago. My defense log is filled with those two guilds in that time frame. Also same time as when I got offered almost entirely ph12-13s to attack or other various broken islands not worth bothering with. I guess they must make Midoki enough money to be satisfied with doing nothing about it, meanwhile no one else can really play for two days is quite unbelievable that this continues to be a problem. Pretty please don’t tell me to send a ticket! The only ticket I wish to send is to ask if the ticket checkers can be looked into for doing their job. No one ever gets a response anymore. We are left in limbo...wondering if anything was actually done, looked at, or resolved. So what’s the point?

5. .I just would hope MASTER M. would resolve all ISSUES. The High Cost of Upgrading Walls...how much can I raid...I mean it;s it getting silly now...Ive played this game for a lontg time but can you expect me to keep on farming.....getting tired...maybe you are.

6. I agree with you all, especially with the part about outfits, I was never interested in them and I am still angry when I open chests to see them filled with the stupid things. I don’t have much to add except I have to wonder if limiting the members of guilds to at least 40 might make some difference. If those top guilds had to spread out a little more, making more guilds adding to gameplay, also maybe some of those good players will either join lower guilds or start new guilds. I personally would like to see them share their knowledge of the game and strategies with us lower players.

7. Can you give me an idea what you think would be classified as improving gameplay because I do also agree that farming for walls for the next year does not appeal. And the nexting issue is unpleasant.

Intimidator likes this.
  8. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

I'm still playing! From personal experience, I don't have to hit the next button too often to find a viable opponent, either in terms of Plunder Points or loot. It might be because my rank is a bit more middling (usually 600 - 750ish) than a lot of the top players, or it might be my timezone (the bulk of our players are in the US and China, so I get a good chunk of the day when they're sleeping!). We've already taken measures to alleviate the individual matchmaking issues people are experiencing at the top levels, and we're looking into further solutions.

9. Capt. Overkill

I have a solution, ya'll need to merge forces with supercell, they've got a finger on the pulse.

10. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Thanks for looking into this! I can say that I tried playing at all kinds of different times throughout this past weekend and seemed to get about the same result in the time frame I was complaining about. Seems to have gotten better now, although not played for an extended amount of time or raised my rank beyond 3-400 ranks just yet.

I am curious why at times it seems that I’m stuck in an endless loop of the same islands offered to me? Not talking about rivals being offered up in a rumble, but while searching for something to attack, all too often I see the same islands time after time. Sometimes the exact same one 2-3x in a row, which seems odd or something not quite right. I don’t know how all this stuff works at all, just trying to offer some feedback. Maybe it will help, maybe not? Idk why, with all the islands out there in the pirate world, why would there only be a handful of the same ones that continually pop up to attack?

850arrr likes this.
  11. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I have to hit the next button a million bleeping times these days, it's so frustrating. I can't hit a PH12 because why bother when the plunder points are beyond stupidly low, and I can't hit a maxed ph13 or even a ph14 because their defenses are too tough leaving me searching and searching and searching and searching. The game has slowly shifted away from my playing style it seems because in the past it was fun and now it's not.

Capt. Overkill likes this.
  12. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

It also for sure depends a lot on for how long we players are daily online.... because that gives a totally different picture about available loots and islands when playing for hours daily... :confused: and possibly with different accounts,at a different ph level and different rank.

A player who is playing and searching every 2-3 days for maybe 1h max in 24hrs doesn’t face the same issues like those daily for many hours active, dedicated(read: addicted) players :D

13. Capt. Overkill

I agree, the game has become very frustrating and it seems very little is being done to fix it.

850arrr likes this.
  14. Also Annabelle was my favorite LP ..these days she moves like some rubber band...i mean out of control to make me dizzy...never syncs anymore..Maybe I have to my eyes checked :) but there is some serious wrong with the dancing..doesn't assist anymore.

15. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I don’t use Anna all that much anymore, but a helpful tip I’ve picked up is don’t leave any stray pirates on the outskirts. Either wait to hit the corners last or let those troops die off before deploying Anna. You should notice a difference if you deploy with troops in the heart of the action and none left alone elsewhere. ;)

Dplank Beard likes this.
  16. Capt. Overkill

When will we see new updates to the base building function of the game? Very annoying to not be able to shift the entire base around the sea. That should have been available from day one. If a person screws up on a base and gets to close to the edge then they have to start over, come on that's ridiculous. This game has got to have some serious updates that aren't outfits or pirate halls, basic updates. PLEASE, or your going to start losing more players!

Captain Clawmark likes this.
  17. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We've not barred you from every guild, only the ones where the guild captain has asked us to do so. We literally don't have the functionality to ban you (or anyone else) from all guilds set to request only - each ban has to be set manually. If the guild leaders ask us to rescind the ban, then of course we will. Looking at the ban list, you're only banned from five guilds - if you're requesting to join request-only guilds that aren't amongst those five and not getting in, then it's because they're choosing to not accept you.

If you submit a support ticket asking for your account to be deleted, we can do so under GDPR - please be aware this will completely obliterate your account from our servers though, and it'll be unrecoverable.