Getting tired of bugs.

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Max, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Max

Max Powder Monkey

I am experiencing a whole new kind of fun. Connectivity bugs.

So I always play PP from the office where I spend most of my time. The pattern is the same – receive notification about full tavern, attack, upgrade, log out.

My ISP and router stay the same for 2 years now, so there's no problem there.

A week ago PP started behaving really weird, not saving my progress.

Couple examples today. In the morning I attack a rival, get three stars, get nice gold and grog, get some PR, rehire army and log out. Two hours later I remembered that there's no notification for a full tavern. I launch the game and see that I have half the tavern full but no pirates are being hired. Weird, right? I go into my attack log, and what do I see? A lost attack. –20 PR. No plundered resources. I take a look at a replay – it ends after I deliver half my troops.

So what happened there? The game simply lost connection with PP server, and with no notification or anything just kept working, not tracking my progress.

After that I go and attack another rival. I get 1.6 mil gold, and upgrade one of my wall bricks. The same time my ship comes back, so I go to the map, collect my EP an go to the serpent that I was sailing to for 18 HOURS. 18 HOURS, MIDOKI. It drops 2 raw garnets and I start upgrading Anabelle. I re-fill troops for the ship and log out.

No notification again. I get in game and see that I was attacked. Apparently game lost connection again. Wall brick – not upgraded. Lost half the gold. Ship show's up as if it just returned. I go to the map and guess what? There's no "body" of a slayed serpent on a map anymore. There's a grog icon where it used to be. GROG. Apparently data about slayed monsters and their rewards is stored in the game and then is sent to server after you collect it. Apparently my data was "collected" once and got erased.

I collect that grog from the map and it's 40k. 40 k grod. 40K GROG, MIDOKI. FOR 18 HOURS OF SAILING, MIDOKI.

I hate to complain. Really. But It's happening to me for a past week, and I am now not just loosing gold or grog, but materials that are so hard to get, and along with them I am loosing my patience.

@Lynsey [Midoki] @Chris [Midoki] I demand something to be done here, otherwise I'm going to leave this beautiful game a 1-star review on appstore. My in-game nickname is Black Wax Max.

Thanks.

2. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

this is a common bug, a bunch of my guild mates have had attacks happen win, collect and then everything disappears from their records.

3. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

We have very useful sub-forums for this:

Bugs and Problems Apple

Bugs and Problems Android

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Ahoy Max,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Have you sent an in-game ticket to support@rovio.com (via Log > Settings > Help > Support)? It'll help us if we have your exact account/device details.