Gigantic Rip Off

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by ndrdog, Jun 1, 2015.

1. ndrdog

ndrdog Powder Monkey

[​IMG] I have already contacted your support team, Rovio, and Apple about this and all I have received so far is an auto-response telling me to uninstall the app and reinstall which did nothing. Thursday night, it's now 1:00 p.m. Monday, I attempted to purchase $100 of gems. Although the money was taken from my account I received no gems.
    Like an idiot, I again tried to purchase gems at noon on Sunday with the same result. My guild, of which I am captain, is being unfairly punished because I have no gems and when I try to buy them I can't.
    I can not express how frustrated I have become with both the actual lack of getting what I paid for and the extremely poor customer service. Sending, at last count, seven different letters informing someone of this issue and receiving a single auto-responce. Frustrating does not really begin to describe it.
    - NDRDOG

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

I can understand how frustrating that can be. I've had that issue with other apps. The way rovio support works. You get an automated email just to let you know your issue was submitted. Then it could take up to 2 business days for them to respond depending on the amount of tickets there are.

I may have missed it in your post, but maybe you just need to give it a day or two.

Again. I know that's hard to hear with money tied up.
    But midoki and rovio have always taken care of players in my experience and what I've seen from others on this forum. I hope your problem is resolved quickly.

Also, if they did initiate a refund, it Could take 10 days or more to go through.

3. ndrdog

ndrdog Powder Monkey

Would they tell me if they were refunding my money? Also, I can see it happening the fist time, things happen, but the exact same thing two days later? I have a screen grab of the screen that came up right after the sale, from plunder pirates, saying "gems couldn't go through" or something like that. This isn't the easiest place to post pics.

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

They would send an email if they were refunding it. Yes. And in general discussion there is a thread pinned to the top on how to post pics.

5. hidyhorum

hidyhorum Crew

6. I believe gems/payments are handled by Apple directly so if this is the case Midoki will need to wait on a response before they can reply to you.

Best of luck resolving the issue, thanks for helping fund the development of the game though ;)

7. ndrdog

ndrdog Powder Monkey

A little update - A very nice gentleman at Rovio was able to get me the 20,000 gems I was due. I burned through them quickly and still hadn't received the 500 I bought. I purchased another 20,000 gems and, again, lost money but received nothing. Today I received notification that both issues had been corrected only to find my account now held 1,200 gems. Obviously the Chest of Gems is still lost at sea as far as I can tell.

8. Krayzkat

Krayzkat Crew

that is a lot of gems you are buying. maybe they are waiting for the elves to mine them

9. ndrdog

ndrdog Powder Monkey

They need faster elves.

10. Jmababa

Jmababa Powder Monkey

ha that will never happen with google. they have better app purchaseing. I've purchased something already from angry birds and it arives all the time no fuss

11. ndrdog

ndrdog Powder Monkey

Update #2 - It is now Tuesday the 9th and I have heard absolutly nothing, again. At this point I am, once again, becoming exreamly frustrated with this company. I did try a very small purchase on google/andriod and everything went just fine. Why am I not suprised. I will NEVER purchase anything from Plunder Pirates on the Apple platform again. I am encouraging everyone in my guild not to as well.

12. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Ahoy ndrdog, sorry to hear about the problem you're having. I'm just chasing it up now - just to double check, is ndrdog also your in-game name, and are you still in JuggernautUSA?

13. ndrdog

ndrdog Powder Monkey

Yes to both questions. I received notice this am that my Chest of Gems had been sent for the second time but again, nothing. When this happened the first time, after a few days, I did eventually receive my gems. Now it has been a week and 20,000 gems that I already paid for are missing. In legal terms, I have either lost the interest that the money could have made in that week or the cost of the benefits I would have received from the 20,000 gems.