Gold-Grog exchange

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Barbed, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

It would be good to exchange your own gold to grog and vice versa, even at bandit's rates )
    Maybe build an expensive house for it or some other way.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  2. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

No! Loot's gonna be difficult enough to get if midoki keeps nerfing it. People will never have any if they have a place to stash it.
    Also, makes it way too easy for a new player to lvl up super fast if you can give them loot. No no no

3. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

I mean exchange my own gold to my grog and vice versa, not between players!
    Sorry for my English ) Updated post )

4. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Ahh. My bad. Not sure how I feel about that.

5. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

There is a total lack of grog on pirate ranks above 700 and lots of almost useless gold, especially if you upgraded everything to maximum

6. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

For sure. I'm around 700 now and the only thing I look at is grog. If its enough to cover my troop cost i attack.

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I suggested this earlier, and got yelled at, but I still want the feature. The gem costs for purchasing gold/grog are so ridiculously high, I can't see an emergency big enough for anyone to use that. 430 gems (or $5) for 400k Gold? 1400 gems (or $12) for 2.2M gold? No way.

It's simple: just allow converting your own gold/grog with a small penalty or tax. Say 50%
    So 2 Million Gold could be exchanged for 1 Million Grog.

ElGordo likes this.
  8. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

To get to the top of almost all upgrades, I spent 4 gem chests and spent em vicely, and I think it is good price for the game. Absolutely no way to do it without gems faster than in a half-year or even whole year. So either you pay or pay by lots of time, you deserve to keep your interest to the game by getting attacks faster than one in a day in a lack of one rare resource while the other leaks from the top.
    And you mustn't be pushed to buy gems constantly till your wife divorce you )

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Congrats, and no offense, but...I can't see any version of reality where spending $399.96 to max a mobile game constitutes a "good price". :)

With that said, I love this game, and am all for people buying gems to support it. IMO, anyone who plays the game more than a week should buy (at least) the $4.99 gem pack, even if they never plan to use them. It's the courteous thing to do.

10. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

No offense, Kelani, but money is nothing, it's dust )
    Mean thing is time, it's priceless, if you got me )

11. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Yeah there's clearly no need for that kinda spending. After two months I'm basically maxed and I'm at about 50$. But I don't buy anything with gems just speed troops. I've actually started slowing progress intentionally because once walls are finished I'm sunk. Can't imagine ph8 is coming anytime soon.

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Touché :)

How about you send me money, and I'll watch your game for you while you're asleep? :)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    The Fish Eyed Pirate and Bear like this.
  13. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Sure thing, Kel, just gimme ur credit card number )

Kelani likes this.
  14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Sure thing! It's 9876-5432-1098-7....waaait a minute! :eek:

15. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

No point in having separate currencies if they can be exchanged. Just merge them into one, say the Grold, or the Euro or something.

16. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

That's right, no point without exchange rate. You should pay for exchange by some loss

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  17. Kyzo

Kyzo Crew

Ill back this idea

18. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

At least 50%.

19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

50% seems to be the standard in most RPGs, so it seems fair. I would definitely use this feature, but I'm actually only suggesting it because the buy Gold/Grog with gems options are so expensive, they're ridiculous, not to mention useless -especially at lower levels. Case in point:

Prices with 4.451M Max Storage...
    -----------------------------------------------
    445k gold = 427 gems (or $3.50)
    2.2M gold = 1,388 gems (or $9.50)
    4.2M gold = 2,240 gems (or $14.50)

1. At my level, 445k gold is useless. I can get that in one raid for free (or 30 gems, max)! But this applies at every level. 10% just isn't very useful.
    2. For the same 427 gems, I can buy enough troops for 14 raids. And probably gain 2-4M gold/grog in the process.
    3. IMO, the average player should be able to afford features like this at least once without buying gems. But if you buy two builders (face it, you pretty much are forced to) you will never be able to afford these features.

I'm all for Midoki having the feature, and even charging a premium for it, but they have severely overestimated it's usefulness and value, and underestimated exactly how much it actually costs for people to use it. The costs are just...beyond ridiculous for the meager benefits. I'd have to see a cost reduction of (at least) 90% before I'd ever consider using this features.

Breakingood13 likes this.
  20. I'm in same problem, 700+PR before any attack I search for grog first, doesn't have to be that way, if you are active and progressing we should have a sort of bonus stage were we are allow to exchange our gold/grog or vice versa.

Kelani likes this.