Gold outfits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oak Island, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Here we go again... another update with bug fixes, future proofing, and you guessed it... more outfits.. yayyyyy!

As cool as some of the outfits are, and I am being honest here, I really do think the graphics and attention to detail in the outfits and game in general are amazing, this is such an underwhelming update. Now, perhaps there is more, but likely not much. The other thing about these newer outfits, platinum and assuming gold, is that they are so freaking expensive! I mean come on! $10 for an outfit!! You’ve got to be kidding! And what’s even worse is the drop rate in chests! Can you please increase the drop rate for these so we at least have a little better chance at getting one in a chest? Isn’t that the whole point of the chests? I certainly hope that you will give this some serious consideration, because these new outfits simply look like another money-grab, assuming they will also cost 10 bucks a piece of course!

Anything you can say on the outfit drop rate would be great @Lynsey [Midoki]

Cheers and happy sailing!

-Oak

850arrr likes this.
  2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

There will be the chance of the new Golden Outfits dropping in the Dapper Closet, Tailor's Booty, and Strongboxes - this will be comparable to the previous drop rate of the Platinum Outfits.

The Platinum Outfits meanwhile will have their drop rate boosted in the chests, and there's a chance you may see them in the future on the Trade Ship.

3. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

What update? All I see is another money grab without any real playable content again. I’m sure it’s fairly quick and easy to paint costumes all one color and program 12 random buffs. I don’t know why anyone would pay the same amount as platinum ones for a gold one. (Assuming they will be). Platinum does cost more than gold....;) just saying. I believe you got it backwards. I can’t believe more people can’t see through the bs.

4. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Must be a super important update. No release notes or anything. Good job!!!

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  5. NinjaNurse

NinjaNurse Crew

Platinum outfits - £5
    Gold outfits - £10

I thought Platinum was more valuable than gold?

Will the Silver outfits be £15 or £20? And then will the Bronze outfits be £20 or £40? (I'm working if you're going up in increments of £5 or doubling each time.)

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The Platinum and Gold Outfits are the same price - £9.99 for the initial purchase, £4.99 for subsequent upgrades. And Pirates have a special fondness for gold. ;)