Grog and gold production rates don't add up

Discussion in 'Build Bugs' started by Mlt, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Mlt

Mlt Powder Monkey

When you upgrade either gold or grog the hourly production rate goes up by a set amount but these don't add up for example, a grog distillery going from level 7 to 8 says the production rate increases to 2000 up 750 but when you upgrade from level 8 - 9 it says the production rate increases to 2750 up 1250. Shouldn't that be 3250 as the production was already 2000 at level 7.
    The same thing happens with gold level 7 production 1500, level 8 - 2000 apparently up 750.
    Either someone can't add up or I am missing something.

2. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

The grog thing works.
    From lvl 7 to 8 is 2000+750.
    From 8 to 9 is 2750+1250.
    Each level up is (previous lvl amount+how much up previous level)+how much up this level.

3. Mlt

Mlt Powder Monkey

that sort of makes sense but if that is the formula it is a bit misleading as the +1250 from lvl 8-9 must be cumulative not just the extra from one level to the next

4. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

I know. It is just making you upgrade them, for the sake of the economy and all..

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Maybe I'm missing something, because I don't understand what's so confusing about it. When you hit the upgrade button, it shows two numbers: Current production, and production increase from that upgrade. When the upgrade is complete, the sum of both those numbers should become the Current production shown on the next upgrade screen.