Ground Pounder Range Verification?

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Jun, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Jun

Jun First Mate

Can we double check the minimum range for the ground pounder? I had some brutes attacking my bunker as can be seen on the following photo, but my GP was not attacking them. (They were also knocked back from the bunker by a mortar shot, so should have been in GP range) I am also posting a screen shot showing my GP's range. Thanks!
    [​IMG]
    GP's range (apologize for different perspective)
    [​IMG]

2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

It does look like it should attack them, but I've always found for most defenses, the red-shaded ranges seem to be a bit larger than the actual range.

3. Jun

Jun First Mate

I agree with you Kelani, particularly with the ship. There is a minimum range with the ship that the red doesn't seem to denote either. The bunker as well also seems to have a minimum range..?

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

For me, the bunkers actually seem to have a wider range than the targeting shows. Not sure about the distance though. I've seen things like this with the mortars, a lot. Troops walk into a trap I've laid near the outer limits of their range, and they just sit there.

I've wondered if it's just imprecise, and ignores targeting for any buildings that are barely (-25%) covered by red.

5. Jun

Jun First Mate

I'd propose increasing the tolerance that these weapons can fire upon, (ie. increase their range by a pixel or two) but keeping the designated red area the same.

Kelani and Gangrene Beard like this.
  6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

It certainly may improve problems like this