Guild Chat wont open freezes game when I try opening chat window

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by LuckyStrike, Jul 5, 2015.

1. LuckyStrike

LuckyStrike Powder Monkey

Hello I am new to PP and PP forum. I am having trouble with the Guild Chat Window, when I press and or slide the window to open all I get is a frozen screen. I then have reload the game and still can not open Guild Chat Window.
    Any help or advise please. This is frustrating I am enjoying the game and now this bug is not cool and I am wondering if others too are having some similar problem.

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Apple or Android?
    When was the last time your phone/tablet was reset?
    Have others in your guild reported the same problem at all?

If you've reset your phone/tablet and reinstalled the app and still the problem persists, use the in-game support button to contact rovio support and report the problem.

3. LuckyStrike

A list ideas I have tried:

I turned off then back on my Android device
    I looked for an update for app, found none

Everything in the game seems to working fine just this one problem for me, as far as others having this problem I came here to find out because I am no longer able to chat with my fellow guild members, I have used the request troops message to let me guild know of my problem but I dont know if they too are having this problem, I believe others in my guild are not because I have received troops from the request.

If I reset my phone will I not lose my PP account? How do I save my account if I reinstall PP app? Thank you for your response.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  4. Bear

Bear Commodore

1st) if you reset your phone you will not lose your island. Just reinstall the app, do the tutorial, then log into Google play games to load your old island.

What device are you on? And did the game work before? Or have you had this issue since you downloaded it? What version of Android are you running?

5. LuckyStrike

I am on a Samsung S6 Android device, the game was working fine before I logged in yesterday to find I could no longer access the guild chat screen, as I said if I try to open the window my game freezes, I've tried many times to open the chat and each time I get the same results the game freezes the moment I try to open the window.

I switched to low detail mode still no solution.

I have tried leaving the guild, that works for a moment, once out of the guild I can open the chat window where it shows that I can join a guild, I rejoined my guild and yes I can open the chat window again only now the screen is blank. I reset the game and the problem reoccurs.

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I defer to @Bear for android support, but resetting the device is your best bet

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Ahoy @LuckyStrike!

Sorry to hear about your guild chat woes. :( Your best bet is to send an in-game ticket to Rovio Support by going to the Log > Settings > Help > Support. That will open up an email with your exact account and device details, which will help us track down your issue - it's worth doing even if resetting or uninstalling fixes the problem, as obviously it shouldn't be doing that in the first place!

8. LuckyStrike

I am at a lose here I uninstalled the app now I have no game, once I reinstall the game it starts me at the beginning, I made sure to save my original account by signing in with my google+ acct, now I am looking for instructing for opening my original account again, I messaged Rovio Support already and I am just waiting for their response.

I could follow the start tutorial then try a sign in but I am not sure this loads my old acct or saves the new one erasing my original account so as for now I am waiting for any advise to reload my account.

BTW the problem is no longer occurring now on the new account I joined a guild and now I am able to open the chat window.

Now I am trying to load my original account.

9. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Oh dear! :eek: Customer support will be able to restore your island if you can't get it back yourself, in the meantime I'll double check what should happen on Android after reinstalling.

10. LuckyStrike

Thank you I feel I am not totally lost yet, I saved my account I just need instructions to reload my original account. Good news is the reinstall of the app may have fixed the problem I was having with the guild chat window.

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

You have to finish the tutorial before you can sign in and load your old island.

12. LuckyStrike

Thank you I was hesitant to do that not knowing if I'd save the new island or load my original island. I did as instructed and was able to load my original island, thank you again.

Same problem occurs, I can not open guild chat window. :(

13. Bear

Bear Commodore

Glad you got your island back. Bear option now is to submit your issue as Lynsey directed. And hopefully it will be fixed quickly. Android receives bug fix updates quicker than the major updates come out.

14. Ian

Ian Commodore

At least that narrows the problem down to your island and not your device...

15. LuckyStrike

yes true. I am so bored now not being able to see my guild chat. I've been playing for almost 2 months now and I have a great group of fellow guild members. I hope Rovio messages me back soon, I am still waiting for their response.

16. Ian

Ian Commodore

@LuckyStrike Midoki support have normally been very good at responding to these types of issue in the past. There maybe plenty of negative comments relating to some things, but not when it come to responding to in-game individual support.

17. LuckyStrike

Yeah I am patient, no worries now, I have my original account, not being able to guild chat is a burden I am able to wait for a fix, as for now I am a new player growing still and although I am unable to communicate with my guild I hope Rovio/Midoki will do their best to fix my problem, I will continue to update here so others with similar problems will also understand it takes time. Thank you for all the support everyone, fingers crossed.

Ian likes this.
  18. LuckyStrike

As for future reference:

When reloading an account on a Android devise.

First important step is knowing the game is being saved to ones play store account, by going to the settings window and signing in.

Then in theory deleting the game from ones devise then reinstalling PP, after that one must follow the beginning tutorial to get to the settings window once again. Singing back in will prompt one to make sure they are wanting to reload original account or erase old info and create a new account/island.

I hope that helps as that is what I have done and as it did not fix my guild chat problem I hope this helps others one day.

19. LuckyStrike

Good news. I was able to open the guild chat window just now before maintenance. I figured I would give it a try since I was going to be logging off anyways.

First try and it opened, I may have gotten a little too excited and began scrolling down to fast as it froze my game again. So I reloaded and tried once more. Again I was able to open the window once more. Yay I hope this lasts.

Not sure if the upgrade did anything as I tried various times after upgrading and was without success until I tried once more when the 5 minutes to maintenance window popped up.

Waiting for maintenance to finish and I will try once more.

20. LuckyStrike

First I'd like to thank everyone here for the help, support and guidance.

I seem to no longer have this issue with my PP game. I haven't a clue what changed, best guess is Midoki has either looked into my bug report and fixed the problem or the recent upgrade has done the fix.

Any way I look at it I learned from the experience and I still am as excited to be playing PP as I was before my issue here.

Thank you again

Bear and Ian like this.