Guild forums on this site

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Jim Weaver, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Jim Weaver

Jim Weaver Powder Monkey

Heya,

Guild chat in the game is nice, but history past 32 is lost. Our guild uses a separate app for outside game chat, but a forum for guild members would be nice, to keep things for longer period of time - disucssions of strategies, records of internal guild contest winners, a list of who is who (real name / pirate name) etc.

Logical place would be here, but you cannot create forums here, only post threads to existing forums.

Could use another website to host private forum obviously, but seems like here where most of our members already have accounts anyway would be convenient!

What do other pirates think? Besides "Grog is good!"?

2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I wish they had this too, and it could be very convenient, but I think it'd be one hell of a time-consuming, expensive coding project. :( phpBB isn't really capable of anything like that, so they'd have to use some other specialized software (that can talk to phpBB) to handle it. I have no idea what that might be. Most likely, it'd have to be something created from scratch, and I don't see such a small team diverting from their game development work to do that :/

Jim Weaver likes this.
  3. Jim Weaver

Jim Weaver Powder Monkey

Yup - I wasn't sure what forum package they were using here, and if it would have that feature. Plenty of free "create your own forum" sites out there, though, if a guild wants to go that route.