Guild messages sometimes not appearing.

Discussion in 'Guild Bugs' started by GetRekked, Sep 27, 2014.

1. GetRekked

GetRekked Crew

Hello all, has anyone else experienced this bug before? Sometimes when I'm talking to members of my guild in guild chat, the message will not show up in the log for me, but others can see what I said. It's frustrating sometimes because I think I have to retype a long message when really I just can't see it, but others can see it fine. My guild members have told me I'm not the only one that experiences this bug.

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

+1

I have this issue too

3. Razor

Razor Crew

Happened to me once

4. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

Normal PP Bug Haven't Got Fixed

5. Hey,

The Guild Chat is still a bit picky when it comes to connection quality, this will be worked on now that we have most of the server issues addressed.
    Your messages will show up if you reload the game, and this can also fix it.

It is highly recommended you play the game on a proper Wifi connection, and not on 3G or tethered to 3G.

6. booty plunderena

booty plunderena Powder Monkey

I'm having this issue constantly & I'm on wifi.

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

More often for me, it's a delay of the messages appearing - even on wifi

booty plunderena likes this.
  8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I don't know why it makes a difference, but I don't lose nearly as many messages if I hit the gold enter coin in the chat window, rather than hitting DONE on the keyboard. It is a noticeable difference. Also, when my messages disappear, they aren't always sent, and don't appear to others.

I also think there's some kind of memory leak in chat. After a few hours using it, the game starts crashing whenever a message is sent.

9. HoyaSaxa

HoyaSaxa Powder Monkey

I am having this issue as are most of my guild mates. It happens several times every evening, to the point where you have to post a message 3 or even 4 times for it to appear once to other members

10. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

this is a common issue and happens very often. I hope it gets solved in the next update. Nothing essential, but its always nice if the chat works as intended.)

11. HoyaSaxa

HoyaSaxa Powder Monkey

it would also be nice to have more than three lines to type

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Not sure if it's fixed, but if not, there is a workaround.

If you type a message and it does not appear to you, don't retype it. Simply swipe out of the app, and return. The message will appear. Apparently, everyone else can see the chat message, except its author.

13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Yeah, seems to be tied only to the sender, all others in my guild confirm.

14. Hajkja

Hajkja Crew

Hiya Sir Bugsalot
    We have had this complaint from guild members in guild chat for some time now and as recently as today.

Can't wait for it to be fixed.

Captain Hakjka
    BRITISH BULLDOGS

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

It happens constantly. Today alone, I've swiped out to my home screen and back to PP at least 100 times, just to make sure my message was posted.