Guild Rumble - recruitment with gems

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Jana, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Jana

Jana Powder Monkey

Many pirates - espacially the top guilds - are shorten their recruitment time by spending gems.
    This usually means that a guild will win, that pays the most Gems to hire new pirates...

In my opinion, the best guild should wins and not the guild who pays the most money!

The game is getting a slightly capitalist touch with this fact!
    ...it´s like in real life: The rich people are always the winners - but this is very unfair!

Perhaps paying with gems for recruitment could be restricted during a guild battle... to 30 gems or so...

Sorry, if I wrote something wrong - my english is very rusty!:rolleyes:
    I hope you understand...

peg-brain bob likes this.
  2. Hi @Jana Welcome to the battle improvement section.
    Thanks for taking the time to post your improvement here!

I completely agree with your statement, but you got to keep in mind that Midoki likes to earn money. Simply because they have to pay the bills, and more importantly their awesome staff.

So although I like your suggestion, I don't think it will happen in this way.

Cheers,
    Fish

peg-brain bob likes this.
  3. sdofigew

sdofigew Powder Monkey

I think best solution for this is match making. Which I think there working on. Making sure top tiered guilds are pitted against each other have gemmers against gemmer and let them enjoy the battle and Midoki gets there profits. Then pair up the casual smaller guilds that have pirate halls all across the boards that use some gems but mostly just play casually.

4. There should be an option for the Captain to enter "no gem" rumbles. I mean, gemming construction or wait times for upgrades is fine, but just restrict rehire gemming.

5. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

They should have the Captain set the Rumble status as either "Gem" or "No Gem" just like the Cla War "in" or "out" function. "Gem" guilds compete with "Gem" guilds, and vice versa.

DredPirateDogma likes this.
  6. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Powder Monkey

This has been suggested several times before, highly unlikely it will happen. Gems generate revenue. Besides, are you going to depend on the honor system when the rumble is in the final minutes with first and second place separated by 40 BP that no one will gem rush? You can't possibly expect a company in business to make money write something into the code to prevent people from spending money during rumbles. Agree, 95% of the people would like such an option, just don't think it is realistic to expect.