Gunners flee battle

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Salty Snack, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I've seen this fairly regular since the update. Gunners in the middle of battle suddenly run back to the rowboat, turn around and begin attack again.

2. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Stupid gunners probably left their ammo in the row boat. :D

On a serious note... Damn!

I thought the WD was the heavy Grog drinker. Is it possible that the next nearest target for them was closer to the boat?

TiGeR

3. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

They will leave engagement, return to boat, turn and come back. Nothing else around. No idea what may prompt this.

4. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Now I know it isn't just me. A guildie posted a replay of a gunner abandoning an attack and returning (at light speed) to a previous spot. He moved faster than a bomber with the exclamation point.

5. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Here are two images from a guildy.
    [​IMG]
    This one show the gunner starting to flee. It is below the 56 seconds.
    [​IMG]
    This is where the gunner ended up before returning to battle. Right near the surfboard. If you look at the time and the base itself, the gunner should never have ran to the surfboard. Well, unless there were waves.

Salty Snack likes this.
  6. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

And he ran fast fast fast.

7. I told you not to attack me.. Your troops already fear me :p
    No kidding.. But on a serious note: Hmm... Fishy..

Salty Snack likes this.
  8. Moostache

Moostache Crew

Similar thing happened to me sometime ago (long before this update) while I was pushing towards the Top 200s. I attacked the same guy three times with the same approach - First attempt almost ended up as a 3-star raid except that I forgot two outhouses at the corners and ran out of time, second time ended up as a 2-star raid (not bad). But the last time turned out to be an epic fail below 50% destruction, just because my gunners were attacking the ship at first but suddenly gave up the ship and ran in front of my Juggs at an impossibly high speed. Got wiped out immediately by the mortars.

But at least that guy finally changed his layout after my 3rd attack. :rolleyes:

9. Strike

Strike Crew

Yupp has happen to me a couple of times to..

10. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

Are you sure he didn't run to an outhouse?...? :D

11. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

I have seen the same behaviour several times with brutes and once with our Chinese lady. Started running scared back towards where she came from , only to turn around and hit again . Almost as if the game suddenly remembered were the pirate was... Only that was 5-10 sec ago. Let's watch the update this afternoon and see...

12. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

Maybe it's part of the game. Wouldn't you be scared against 12 canons with just a sword?...