Hackers?

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Salty Snack, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I've been playing this game for 2 months (released in Canada early). The leaderboard with legitimate players might change 2-3 positions a day. Since the big release last week there are players jumping 50-60 spots a day. I've been playing legitimately long enough to know they are either dropping hundreds of dollars a day playing or, more likely, have hacked free gems. This game is (was) lots fun, but I can't spend a penny on it when the players I'm playing against have an unfair advantage.

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

I think this is purely down to the number of players. During soft launch, the 2 months you are talking about, the game had around 50K players. Since we launched globally we have a LOT more that that, hence the server issues some players have been experiencing. Because of the vast amounts of fights taking place, it's quite understandable that the leaderboard positions are going to be moving around a lot more than they were.

If you believe that people are cheating then of course let us know and we will take steps to rectify this. This game is all about fair play for everyone

3. If you google on Plunder Pirates hack, it is full of people claiming to be able to hack. Is it possible for those scuffy scallywags to cheats that way?

4. Admin [Midoki]

No it's not. Unfortunately when you create something that gains awareness then people will try and benefit off that. These sites and programs usually lead you somewhere you wouldn't normally go, with the temptation of free stuff. Please do not ever install a program or go to a website claiming free gems for Plunder Pirates. They DO NOT work and you could be opening yourself up to attack (and not in the fun piratey way)!

5. Always good to hear. Great job in developing the game! Love it!

6. Admin [Midoki]

Thankin ye :)

7. Bryce

Bryce Powder Monkey

Yup, absolutely impossible (and illegal) to 'hack' something server-side, like gems. Although I wouldn't be surprised if there are people coding bots to raid for them..

8. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Well, I think you have a problem. I keep getting attacked by people from recently added countries who have maxed out on everything yet only have one builder hut. Explain that. I'd be able to tell you who they are except for two other problems.

1. My Defense log keeps getting wiped out (hopefully your storage upgrade addresses that)
    2. I tried signing up to this forum under my game name ( pinky) but the confirmation emails never get to my account, so I've had to sign up under my work email and this name. But when I come here it still thinks I'm "pinky" and says "awaiting confirmation". Clearly I've found a way to login under this name, but it was a convoluted process.

I love this game but suddenly I feel like I'm not playing against fair competition.

I do see what you are saying about increased attacks. I made the top 200 overnight ( briefly) due to failed attack after failed attack. But now I'm getting thumped every time my shield goes down, and by islands that really don't seem right, from my knowledge of the game.

Thanks for the reply Chris, nice to see a game developer communicating with the players!!

9. Admin [Midoki]

If you're willing to gem everything then technically you would only need one builders hut.

1. This was due to a disc space shortage which has now been addressed. With so many player and so many fights taking place, all requiring a replay, the disc space was maxed out. As I said though, we have a whole set of new drive now so shouldn't be a problem going forward.

2. If you let me know the email and username you would like the for the forum in a PM I can sort that out for you. The confirmation error seems to be something to do the MS Hotmail and Live email addresses blocking the request.

10. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

OK. I've had enough of this. I'm tired of getting levelled by new Chinese players every 2 hours. I spent $20 today that got me two upgrades that I have to wait 9 days for them all to complete or spend another $20. Either China has figured out how to get free gems or they can spend hundreds of $ a day on plunder pirates. Either way I can't compete. Beta testing was tons of fun but now I'm just farming gold and grog for China. If you aren't raking it serious $$$ from China, you have a problem.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  11. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

pinky, it's a game. Win by having the most fun, not by competing with gemmers.

12. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

You missed the Chinese invasion Monkey. A lot of us who had been playing for months were pissed.

It was like this. Say you went to University and worked your butt off, and paid your tuition, and are on the verge of graduating. One day thousands of people walk into that university with giant bags of money, buy the same degree you're working on, and go out and take all the jobs in your field.
    Or maybe they didn't have bags of money, but really good hacking skills and forged their papers. Either way, many were frustrated.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  13. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

Yeah the Chinese have definitly taken over the game. Top guild has the 6 highest rank pirates on the game in it. I had a head start but I am nowhere near finishing up all my collectors and walls. I find it funny seeing the bases with the maxed out storages knowing that there is nothing in the game right now that requires even close to that amount of storage.

14. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

It's always this way. People find a way to game the system. It seems pretty obvious to me that the top players are never being attacked. Fuu doesnt even hide it I mean look at his base. Midoki will have to force them out of the game after being on for a certain amount of time, 8 hours or so like coc did. I dont know how they do it but there are ways to keep you from being logged out. At least that's what I hear, although I probably shouldn't cast aspersions.

Salty Snack likes this.
  15. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

It's not even the 24/7 online that bugs me it's the maxed out bases that you need builders for. They can't be just gemming everything.

Salty Snack likes this.
  16. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Well we have constant complaints about how bad it is above 600 so it's an issue for sure. I was just up there. There's nobody to attack, its brutal. Cycling thru the same bases over and over, its ridiculous.

17. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Yeah. I just ran up to 500. Same thing, cycle the same handful of players, nobody has loot. Get attacked for scraps. Seem they are fighting for Rank only.

18. -APES-

-APES- First Mate

Hello all. As far as max bases are concerned it wouldn't be the first time we have seen a bought base. FYI you would be down right shocked to find out what people spend on these games. IMO we should be thankful people are spending money on the game as it will only help with further development. Part of gaming is finding an edge where ever you can and making it work for you (No talking about hacking). Try making the game work for yourself and don't worry so much about the other guy. I have not witnessed any hacking in my experience with the game and I have been playing since September (Not saying it doesn't exist). With regards to the loot at higher levels I play with a pirate rank between 650 and 750 and it seems fine compared to other members in my guild. In fact I have some the highest plunders recorded with in my guild. Most of our members like to farm around the 250 to 350 PR mark. Also if you have a low pirate rank a 400, 500 or 600 PR increase in one day can be easily obtained if desired. Happy Plundering!

19. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Well I have to respectfully disagree with you on one point, loot is not fine there. Just spent about a week hovering around the top 100....loot is terrible.
    The issue I brought up here isn't hacking per se, but the top guys never logging off. You cycle through the same people over and over, and I don't recall any of them ever being our friends in the top 20. For me personally it doesnt matter much I prefer farming. However it would be nice if we all had a chance to go up aginst the top guys if we decide too. Not to mention because of the lack of people to attack at the very top it allows them to hit people way lower in rank out of necessity. I dont think anyone can argue that this isn't lame.