Halloween Happenings!

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Gristle, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Halloween. Do you celebrate it?

What are you doing for it?

We are having a small party and the wife and I are going as...Pirates, go figure ;) Yes, we are both dorks. Other than that, handing out candy and watching a horror movie or three.

I may see if I can go downtown and put my pumpkin in the hands of the Captain Cook statue (not a pirate, but relevant).

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

In Sweden Halloween is not that big. So, no we are not celebrating:D
    Its huge in the US though

3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

We are going to a Halloween carnival and then to bed. I'm an old curmudgeon about Halloween at home after a bunch of kids vandalized my hard work a couple years ago. Maybe when the kid gets older I'll go to work on decorating again. This year at least my kid and I will carve a couple pumpkins. Maybe she'll earn daddy some gems :)

4. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Halloween is always a little weird in Alaska. It could be 45* or 10* here so you never know what you will get for weather. Hard to dress a kid up in a costume when they could freeze up!

5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Yeah - but in those temperatures the people pumpkins must stay fresh for a long time - here in SoCal they start looking like large dog turds after 3 days

6. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

then you won't need a costume to look like the ice man:D

7. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Well, the funny thing is the moose eat them if they find them outside...Big rats...

8. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

See...trick or treat and who is going to stop him! Not my house, but it has happened before...

[​IMG]

9. Christy

Christy Commodore

I have 3 boys. Only the youngest still goes trick or treating. My 15 year old has been doing light shows on our house since he was 11. Adds a little to it every year :) he hands out the candy and my 12 year old dresses up and scares the OLDER visitors

Gangrene Beard and Gristle like this.
  10. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Awesome! Too cold here to decorate for both Halloween and Christmas. My kids are 21 (son) and 19 (daughter) so they go there own ways to parties etc...

Cool light show!

Christy likes this.
  11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Mmmmm moose stew....

12. Christy

Christy Commodore

Thank you Gristle :) Yeah my youngest is 9 so I can get in a few more years of plundering his candy stash :Dhalloween_smile

13. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Enjoy them while they are 9 :) That is when they are a lot of fun!

14. Bear

Bear Commodore

I semi celebrate Halloween. But I prefer to celebrate Reformation Day.

15. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I celebrate payday.

Bear likes this.
  16. Bear

Bear Commodore

Like a Boss

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  17. Captain Didwell

Captain Didwell First Mate

We celebrate it somehow even in a simple way. ..