Halloween outfits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Intimidator, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

There’s a couple Halloween outfits on the trade ship with “new and improved buffs”, however when you go to view them it’s doesnt say they have buffs included or what they are (what pirates they help etc). Just another regular outfit? Idk. Maybe it is, maybe it’s not. Is it supposed to be a mystery?

I’ve been out of touch with the game for a bit, so maybe these aren’t the ones in the games news. Maybe I missed something along the way..

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Oak Island likes this.
  2. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Nope @Intimidator They don‘t show buffs at all when u check them out on ur trade ship.

It seems u have to buy them first before u can see their buffs. But is this legal? o_O @Lynsey [Midoki]
    We must KNOW before we buy something WHAT we buy IF we buy.;)

I don‘t buy any of them for 400 gems without not knowing what buffs they have. :D

Intimidator and Unique Rebel like this.
  3. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

Agreed Wolli. Server in maintenance, think they are fixing it now

4. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Yeah I figured that out on my own. Tinto is my favorite and couldn’t wait to see, so I bought it lol. Most of the Tinto outfits seem to favor Bucs for some reason:( I’m having buyers remorse haha) Both buffs were bucs. Who even uses those guys?

5. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

@Intimidator

Nope, not fixed

3. maintenance in under 12hrs ;)

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

With the Trade Boat, the point of sale doesn't mention buffs at all, so unless you've read the news, as far as you know the Outfits are unbuffed, so if you buy them, the buffs will come as a very pleasant surprise.

If you have read the news, you'll know that the buffs have improved, so you'll know that the Outfits a) have buffs, and b) they will be better than they were previously - which is all true and accurate. In that respect, it's a bit like getting a gacha egg, where you're not sure what's inside.

So, not illegal, but an unfortunate oversight on our part (as people are less likely to buy the Outfits if they don't know they're buffed!) and unfortunately, it's not something we can sort without a client update. I've just checked and the buff preview is working on the Offer screens correctly though!

For those that are interested, each outfit has two buffs, each buff being a 10% increase to:

Annabelle Levaux: Witch Doctor Toughness, Gunner Damage

Blackbeard: Gunner Damage, Sky Raider Toughness

Caesar: Sky Raider Damage, Juggernaut Toughness

Ching Shih: Priestess Toughness, Buccaneer Damage

Cornelius Heston: Gunner Damage, Priestess Toughness

Greenbeard: Brute Damage, Heavy Gunner Toughness

Jeanne de Berry: Skellywag Damage, Thief Damage

Mack McKraken: Thief Toughness, Brute Damage

Romeo Boomber: Bomber Toughness, Skellywag Damage

Sadie the Goat: Heavy Gunner Toughness, Gunner Damage

Captain Tinto: Buccaneer Damage & Toughness

Black Bart: Juggernaut Damage & Toughness

And @Intimidator, you'd be surprised at how many Buccs get sent forth into battle, even at Pirate Hall 12 (although it does drop down considerably at the higher ranks, poor little guys)!

7. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

It’s all good @Lynsey [Midoki]. I’m not all that patient, and was thinking maybe there be a different buff that was more useful to me besides the frog outfit la Rana. (Wanted to wear a new outfit :)) Tinto already has great boost on most pirate anyhow, so no biggie.

Thanks for posting the info!
    Tim

8. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Hey @Lynsey [Midoki] - how come none of the outfits boost ghastlies? And also none boost gunner toughness while quite a few boost gunner damage?

Cheers and happy sailing!

-Oak

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  9. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

Or Aeronauts....

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  10. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Yes i read the news and buff stuff, but why i would purchase a outfit for 400 gems not knowing what buffs it has and for what pirates? Now i know ;) and it looks like that i keep my gems.:D:D

I don’t want any surprises if i look only for those outfits which boosts exactly that pirates what i use. And i certainly don’t want ”useless” outfits only that i can say i have them all, but have no use for them :)

No gacha egg please ;), i wanna know what is inside :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  11. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

None of these outfits boost ggs or Aeros because these outfits were first introduced before those troops existed...is my guess.
    My question is - if we already had these outfits, did the buffs improve on the ones in our collection? @Lynsey [Midoki] . I haven’t looked, nor do I remember what they were before.

[disregard, figured it out]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  12. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

I was under the impression these were new outfits, @Intimidator you bought one...is it old or new?

13. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Hi PTO :)
    These are the old Halloween outfits, brought back.
    I already had 11/12 of them. I was offered the Romeo Boomer one I am missing when I first logged on today, but I opted not to buy it.
    I think I remember now - they used to all have one positive and one negative buff, like the Christmas ones.
    Now they have 2 positive buffs, as Lynsey posted above :rolleyes:. All mine have been updated :D

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Intimidator likes this.
  14. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

Well heck I sure was confused on that!! Now it makes sense why the aero and the gg got no love.

How are you doing these days?

15. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

All good K :). Your little one must be getting big!
    Piratewise- finishing walls and LPs, and waiting for a new event, or maybe some games we can play on the exploration maps, new LPs, ability to paint my island sand :p:D....or???

16. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I just bought the one today. So it’s new I guess but old at the same time :)

17. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Okay, i admit it... i bought one too today, but with real money, Caesars for 3,49e :) he is one of my fav LP's and the outfits buffs are for pirates i use in battle.

18. Heatmiser4

Heatmiser4 Crew

I bought him too Wolli. $2.99 and he is one of my top LPs.

19. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

She’s a giant these days, kids are both growing so fast

How have you been?

20. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Doing well, busy as ever!!