Heavy Gunner.. the "wall breaker" and suggestions

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Jun, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Jun

Jun First Mate

I know the HG isn't heavily used but I decided to dabble with him again. I'm not sure what improvements (sure hoping for some improvements) there will be to the heavy gunner, but perhaps one thing that could be tweaked is its AI for attacking walls. I tend to see it trying to break through walls more often than other units, which is really terrible when your other units including gunners and juggs decide to just walk around and he's having target practice on a wall. Ideally this unit would target the units behind walls more but I have no ideas as to how to program such a targeting.

Finally, what if the ability, instead of being a copy of the gunner, instead made him slower, +1 range, and/or increased hp? (some combination of such). Then this unit would be a force and well-differentiated from the gunner.

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Well put. Currently I use him for grog dump o_O
    The AI tweak is certainly high priority. Maybe there's a way to copy and paste the AI for Brutes as a start?

3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I think he's definitely due for some changes, along with all the elite/utility troops that nobody uses. Only when all the troops are viable will the Chaos Door stranglehold start to go away.