High rank pirates need more balance...

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Naga Jolokia, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Naga Jolokia

Naga Jolokia Powder Monkey

Hi everyone,

I am sorry if this topic has already been discussed. I started this game a few weeks ago, I join a guild and I have been promoted captain because I made a lot of points.

I can make about 400 pts during a battle if I play regularly... at the beginning, I fought low level islands (same as me), made about18 points if I won (not every time)... now, I fought low level islands as well without sending all my pirates and I won almost every time... but I got less points... about 12, which is quite similar.

But some people in my guild with everything upgraded have a lot of difficulties to make points. They need to loose in order to have a lower rank and when they manage to win, they got about 12 points... which lead them to have no more than 250 per battle...

Moreover, when I see other guilds in battle... the top scorers are always novice pirates... which means it is much more easier to make points at the beginning...

Does anyone else think there is a problem? I would suggest to fix it in order not to disadvantage high ranked pirates...

Sorry for the long post...

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

The way scoring for rumbles is calculated does seem unfair for higher ranked players, especially when they are matched against a guild with very low ranking players. Because of this, numerous discussions have been started regarding ways to fix this for higher ranked players. Ideally, guilds would be ranked together based on the guild rank.

Bg79 and peg-brain bob like this.
  3. Naga Jolokia

Thanks for your response.

An idea would be to apply the same fix as Royal Revolt 2... there was the same kind of problem... and finally the developers gave a bonus of +x% to the top 1000 players (varying from 5 to 50%), and it was much more fair after this update!

They can add +x% from the pirates with a PH 6 to 8 and make the recruitment of pirates faster for these players.

Bg79 likes this.
  4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

That's a cool new spin on it. Anyone else want to weigh in?

5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

@Captain Hakjka - this might be right up your alley with your monthly reset

6. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

+1 for matchmaking to be based on guild rank - would instantly solve "gemming" and "mini" guild issues :)

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  7. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

Yes I see the problems being discussed on the forums, however not experienced or noticed the unfair rumble (yet).

More the opposite when we get a low level guild then it's all hands on deck to take out the easy bases first, put them under a sheild for 12 hours and then pop back for some easy BP )

As a PH8 I can hit 100/150 BP in about 1 1/2 hours without geming if the circumstances are right, so to hit 400 should be very achievable for all in 24 hours. I suppose the question is how long does/did 400 BP take you @Naga Jolokia and what PH level were you?

@Gangrene Beard I was surprised that rumbles was open to all PH levels when it started, I'm all for players being given a chance to catch up, but to get to Ph5 takes a few days if you know what you are doing. I would suggest PH1-4 are excluded from Rumbles (perhaps even PH5 excluded as well. I can't remember when storage allows for 1 million grog and gold, but I'm pretty sure it is not at PH4 level. I get the impression from Ph5/6 upwards it sort of evens it self out in rumbles. (pH8 use more troups they they want, and PH5 can't attack a the PH8 for the bonus) so my current vote is exclude the young Phs and make them work for it (something to look forward to)
    1) I assume for the majority of low level guilds the current matchmaking is more of a disadvantage than advantage. Squashed by the more experienced PH guilds.
    2) whatever advantages to Ph6-PH8 I suspect it will not be enough to stop the minis!

minis - well I found this very funny PH8 players starting I assume second accounts to win a rumble! All that hard work, all those walls built to then need a PH3? To win a rumble. Sorry if this comment derails the thread I know there are a lot of players annoyed about it. But how ironic.

8. Captain Hakjka

-1 for matchmaking on guild rank - Ph8 guilds would all sit at 0 for easy rumble loot

9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

That's the response I was expecting from you @Captain Hakjka :) I agree on all points here too. Or maybe the solution would be to make rewards incentives based on PH levels?

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  10. Captain Hakjka

Thank you :)

Incentives Doesn't get rid of the minis problem though I assume the minis don't upgrade. All that loot wasted. Are they pirates or politicians! :eek:

11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

No it doesn't, but in conjunction with the other solutions we've mentioned we may have done away with the problem! 1. Matchmaking based on collective guild rank, reduced rewards for lower PH islands, PH's 1-4 excluded from rumbled(even if a guild has mostly PH8 and a few PH3s, PH3s exempt)

12. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

And this model still allows for gemming so Midoki's plan for world gem domination is still in effect

13. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Point conceded - how about basing it on "rumble battle score" [total battle points accumulated in rumbles]
    This might be a way of creating leagues for "gemmers", "minis" and more easy going folk!

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

@ElGordo - you're our strongest rumbler - what are your thoughts?

15. Captain Hakjka

I stick with my initial thought of excluding PH1-4/5.

However I love the idea of matchmaking via a league table based on prior rumble battles. I would say it would need to be on wins rather than score, but high scores could offer some sort of boost up the ranking.
    @Gangrene Beard the only question that would remain is whether the scoreboard need to be set to 0 each month lol.

Agreed and then we need to tackle the next problem lol

16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'd say scoreboards for rules would be reset along with player stats. The only downside is I know there are a lot of players that won't like the or reset since they have actually worked hard to be where they're at. That being said, if I worked that hard to get to a rank that high I wouldn't mind being reset it PR awarded for battles was recalculated too. As it stands the PR growth rate beyond 500 is pretty slow if you're not speed gemming troops

17. Captain Hakjka

Perhaps the top 200 will be annoyed but if your not in the top 200 isn't this your moment to get there!

Agreed about PR awards I've havnt been over 650 for a while now not from lack of grog just recruitment time versus rewards and more recently rumble PR hits. (Currently about 500 for anyone checking or wana test my base hehe)

@Naga Jolokia thanks for the thread and thanks @Gangrene Beard for giving me a shout out.

@forum back to the thread any more ideas to bring balance (to a pirate community!) hehe

18. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

@Captain Hakjka
    Hey! PH5 allows 2.5m Grog/Gold. PH4 allows 800k- almost. But PH3 allows... i think... 200k... which, even full allows (20%) 40k, which costs nothing to beat. PH1-3 should be exempted, but PH4... why not? I was PH4 when Rumbles came out and it actually helped on the Academy upgrades.

19. Naga Jolokia

@Captain Hakjka : I'm PH5 (about 1 month) and I can do about 400 points in 24h but I was talking for my crew. Some of them are PH8 and they need about 1h at least to reload and to get 100%, they have to attack PH6/7 and get about 10 points. Then, they manage to have about 200 points in 24h. Maybe they don't attack in the most clever way... Maybe they should attack directly the low-level base and get 100 points after the first hour...

I talked for them because I'm more or less the only one who speaks English in my guild.

20. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

@Naga Jolokia hi! we're in the same boat. With Lvl 2 PC active my PH6-bashing army costs over 100K in grog and over 50mins to rehire That's 25 gems. Lol