high tide

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by DamianWars, Mar 12, 2015.

1. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

Assuming from the many parts of exposed sand the pirates islands are at low tide. Let's add a universal high tide period that effects all pirate islands at the same time for a brief random period each day. The "high tide" period would raise the water so that there is no more exposed sand.

This will dramatically change each island because the former easy walking low tide sand will now be water where pirates have to swim. This may also change layouts that have vast sandy areas to vast water areas where pirates can attack a lot closer than before... Maybe even inside walls.

I think this would make a dramatic change to the environment that will force different strategy as well as make it a little fun. An message alert can be sent when high tide comes... maybe it sticks around for an hour then low tide comes back and all is back to normal. Because it will so dramatically change the environment a low tide period should be a random time each day for a small amount of time... Like an hour. If you miss it then you will just have to catch the next one.

2. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Haha! That would be interesting. I'm cringing, but it would be an interesting twist. That and changing wind.

3. Ian

Ian Commodore

great suggestion, as long as they are expected to deploy in 'deep' water (below the low tide mark) row in to the same point - then swim. ;-)

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

+1 to this

5. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

I was actually thinking the pirates can be deployed right at the shore. Perhaps to make it fair there could be 3 types of tides, low (or what we see now) medium (with shallow waters and pirates need to be deployed in deep water) then high (where pirates can be deployed right at the shore)

Perhaps to control this system and add a fresh element of surprise to attacks would be you view all islands at low tide then when you commit and hit attack the tide would have a random possibility to change to high tide or medium tide, one gives a greater advantage to the attacker and the other to the defender. This chance for it to change would be low so maybe 1 in 10 fights the tide changes and it can make it easier to fight or harder. Maybe with the later you are rewarded with more BP and wth the former a lower BP....

That's just a different way of looking at it... But I still like my original way

Kakashi likes this.
  6. Ian

Ian Commodore

I see where you are coming from now... yes, good idea...

7. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

Great idea +1 from me

8. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Agreed...+1.1

9. Christy

Christy Commodore

That's a great idea. Would definitely put an interesting twist to the game from both an offense and defense perspective.

10. Tex

Tex Commodore

What about the buildings that are now underwater? How would your pirates attack those? Assuming its only the sand that is covered and buildings protrude above the waterline, the pirates still need something to stand on before firing.

11. No buildings are built on sand; all buildings have a grassy base.

Tex likes this.
  12. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

The pirate hall is actually on sand... But in terms of a 3d model it is just a skin over the grass and there is no real depth. Either way the pirate hall is still surrounded by grass.

13. Ian

Ian Commodore

I got tired of all my grass being tramped during raids, so all my 'grass' is now artificial AstroTurf; wears so much better..... ;-)

14. Tex

Tex Commodore

Would be fun to see it work maybe as a seasonal thing first. Hurricane season?

15. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

+1 to this awesome idea!