Hold Brute icon to cancel "bring it on"

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Skye, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

While in most cases, when activating bring it on, you will want it to be active as long as possible so the brute stands still, takes less damage, and keeps fire away from troops, there are times when you want the brute to stop shouting and start moving again. Especially when you accidentally tap the button, or you didn't notice the one stray brute inside your pile of gunners.

It would be nice to have a way to cancel the ability if activated erroneously. It would still require the full recharge time to reactivate it, but the brute would stop shouting, start walking again, and no longer take reduced damage. I feel the best way in terms of UX to do this is to require the user to touch and hold the brute icon for ~1 second. An indicator would fill up over that one second, and when its full, the ability terminates. This way you can't accidentally double tap the ability or hit it when changing troop to deploy, and it makes sure you really do want to cancel the ability.

awbo and Kelani like this.
  2. Great idea, I sometimes use the brute's ability and I noticed too late that one brute is too close to my gunners.

awbo likes this.
  3. I personally think that would make the Brute a lot stronger. Maybe even so strong that it unbalances the system

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

I like the idea. Especially since you still have to wait yhe full recharge to use it again.