How are lower PH's going to get LP mats?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScoopyWP, Dec 7, 2017.

1. ScoopyWP

ScoopyWP Crew

As the owner of a developing PH9, with many LP's still not upgraded, where will the LP materials come from? The chests have been tweaked to contain mainly non LP materials. New outfits are of little use.

How are new players going to ever upgrade LP's?

2. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

Sailing seems to be the only way now, unless you streak beyond 35 wins and whether you get the chance to win a Magnificent Strongbox which has 6 slots of materials, is currently an unknown for me.

This is what I got in mine from the current event... the penultimate event prize -

[​IMG]

HOLD ON!!! What are these outfits doing in my material only chest? That is what it said when I inspected it before opening. Is there any chest out there that replaces the Useful Casket? If not, then forget maxing LPs for new players!

DKPackerfan, 850arrr and ScoopyWP like this.
  3. ScoopyWP

ScoopyWP Crew

I wish Midoki would speak to some real players. They have screwed up LP upgrades for lower PH players. My PH11 doesn't need gold or grog and BP is useless if you haven't got materials to go with it.

850arrr, MorganFlint and Dutchie like this.
  4. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

I inspected it again... I need to go to SpecSavers!

[​IMG]

It seems materials have been sacrificed for outfits... or I just got unlucky. They need to bring Useful Caskets back @Lynsey [Midoki] and that will balance it better in my opinion.

HINT HINT: I suggest calling it the Ultimate Booty Strongbox and it contains 6 slots for materials only... you litter these in events and add it to a win streak level if you want to give new players a chance to max their LPs. This is the only trick missing from the update and then you have nailed it!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  5. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Strongboxes have always had both Materials and Outfits in them since they were introduced in the most recent update - only the Luxurious Booty has Materials only.

If you're after Materials rather than Outfits, then you've actually been rather unlucky, as the chances of materials dropping in a slot are higher than the chance of an Outfit.

We do listen to player feedback, as well as being players of the game ourselves (my in-game identity is actually a pretty poorly guarded secret at this point!), and we obviously monitor the drop rates of all resources and how many of each resource type players have across all of the Pirate Hall levels. We're going to be keeping an eye on the numbers (and feedback!) over the next few weeks, and will make any changes if and as when needed.

peg-brain bob and 850arrr like this.
  6. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

200k token reward was one of them and soooo much material.... 1 piece of coppar!! only 1 piece of it!!! someone else got 1 gunpowder....or a ruby :( for a developing player it is not heaven on earth anymore. I have fortunately a few unopened useful caskets in my ph 11 silo and more in my mini at ph 9. Something i can still do, but for how long, if we don't get enough materials from events too?

And why is in the magnificent warchest EP??? 6 rewards and 4 of them EP and were 2 BP. For my fight with/against the windmills(read: upgrading my goldmines :D)? Other players got 2700- 4700 BP and there was only one reward inside. Why are the rewards in these chests are sooooo different?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

You can get between 1-10 materials per slot in the chests.

The Magnificent Warchest contains both BP and EP - you have an equal chance of getting either in each slot.

8. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Thanks for your fast reply :)

9. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki] Thank you for adding the Useful Casket as a reward in the events... proving that you do listen. Now, what about the new individual or guild events in the pipeline?... please do tell. Will we see new events in 2018?

850arrr and MorganFlint like this.
  10. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Yes, agreed! The useful chests are the most useful :D

850arrr likes this.
  11. DKPackerfan

DKPackerfan Powder Monkey

Well then I must be very unlucky because my last 10!! Magnificent Strongboxes have dropped only outfits. Very discouraging. And the creatures on the eastern sea only give me gold and grog despite saying they give haunted Safire for Sadie. Truly, disappointing

MorganFlint likes this.