How do towers with three cannon work?

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Red Hand of Doom, Feb 12, 2015.

1. If have towers with 3 cannons, each cannon seems to lock to one target. If I have a jug coming around, only one cannon will fire on it. If I was to put two tower beside each other, will each tower lock one cannon on the same target?

2. Correct, say you have 4 towers next to each other all will have one cannon fire at that particular (unlucky) Jugg. So 4 cannons when he is in range for all of them ofcourse.

Red Hand of Doom likes this.
  3. So they are like a bunker but with a 360 degree view. They don't seems to fire as fast and I have not noticed a cool down like the bunker does.

4. Correct again, here is some great info on the bunker, the same can be done with the guntower:
    The level 2 bunk upgrade is one of the best single defensive upgrades in the game. (Another great upgrade is the gun tower upgrade to add the 3rd gun, provided that the tower is presented with 3 different targets to attack.)

Bunk Level 1: Dmg 4, HP 1500, Range 120, Cost 0.175 million gold
    Bunk Level 2: Dmg 12 (+200%), HP 2500 (+67%), Range 120, Cost 1.4? million gold
    Bunk Level 3: Dmg 14 (+17%), HP 3000 (+20%), Cost 2.8 million gold

A level 1 bunk will mow down a maxed 105 toughness gunnie in 27 shots. With a fire rate of 5 rounds/sec, it'll take about 6 seconds to mow down said gunnie, including spin up and cooldown. A level 2 bunk will do it 3 times faster for 1.4? million gold. A level 3 bunk will do it 3.5 times faster than a level 1 bunk, for 4.2 million total gold. Versus a level 2 bunk, a level 3 bunk will do it only 17% faster.

Credits to @Arr for making this calculation.

Kelani, Tex and Red Hand of Doom like this.
  5. Arr

Arr Captain

No spin-up or cooldown, and a slower rate of fire relative to a bunker. I'd have to dig up the Gun Tower rounds per second calculation I did a while ago. Thanks @The Fish Eyed Pirate for the credit.

6. Thanks @Arr for your great work with numbers, it really helps us.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  7. Tex

Tex Commodore

[QUOTE="The Fish Eyed Pirate, post: 35378, member: 743

A level 1 bunk will mow down a maxed 105 toughness gunnie in 27 shots. With a fire rate of 5 rounds/sec, it'll take about 6 seconds to mow down said gunnie, including spin up and cooldown. A level 2 bunk will do it 3 times faster for 1.4? million gold. A level 3 bunk will do it 3.5 times faster than a level 1 bunk, for 4.2 million total gold. Versus a level 2 bunk, a level 3 bunk will do it only 17% faster.

Credits to @Arr for making this calculation.[/QUOTE]
    Really nice work @Arr figuring this out. Keep it coming! Love to know more details about other weapons too. Perhaps a custom thread dedicated to PP weaponry?
    [​IMG]

8. Arr

Arr Captain

Really nice work @Arr figuring this out. Keep it coming! Love to know more details about other weapons too. Perhaps a custom thread dedicated to PP weaponry?
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

I'll try to take a closer look at this. I'll post a thread when ready.

9. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

My gun towers (level 10) have cause damage 14. Does this mean that the total damage is 14x3=42 total 3 canons damage, or it's 14/3=4 per canon?

10. Arr

Arr Captain

Pretty sure it's 14 damage per gun (per target). Three guns can't target the same unit.