How to avoid rumble attacks?

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Langballe, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Langballe

Langballe Crew

Hi

We have a nice and active guild, where we usually rumble each saturday. A few of us suggested an additional mid-week rumble, but unfortunately some of the others are not keen on the idea. They are worried that it will make gathering ressources even harder, because of the additional attacks by the other rumble opponents.

Since new guild members do not count in rumbles, I am assuming that they are also not attacked by rumble opponents.
    Does anyone know if leaving the guild and then immediately rejoining it will result in you being treated as a non-rumble participant?

How do you handle this situation? Any suggestions?

2. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

You will be non-participative BUT Rumble Rivals are still getting 25% more BP if they attack.

3. Langballe

Langballe Crew

So they would still be attacked much more often, that if we did not rumble?

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

You will still show up as a rumble rival. But, in my experience, it doesn't matter if you're in a rumble or not - most of the people that attack me are not rivals, and I still get attacked within minutes after logging off even in the couple hours we sometimes wait between rumbles. As soon as you have over 2m or so of a resource, as soon as you log off, someone is going to find you, regardless of rumble status. The extra people finding you won't make a huge difference here.

But by not being in a rumble, you're missing out on a considerable daily bonus to resources, that will really help you push closer to whatever resource you need. Even if you come in last and don't actively try to win most of your rumbles, that's a good chunk of free resources you're missing out on.

It might be different for lower level guilds where most of the players are a lower PH level, but at PH8+ skipping rumbles probably won't be decreasing how often you're attacked.

5. Ian

Ian Commodore

Hi @Langballe there are a few strategies your members could use.
    1. Have the guild NOT rumble so often
    2. move your PH out for a quick lose.. as soon as you are attacked, stay under your shield for 12hrs, do that twice and your rumble is over.
    3. as soon as the rumble starts, have your members leave the guild then rejoin.. they will no longer be part of the rumble (no rewards) and will only be vulnerable to daily regular attacks as they are no longer 'rumble rivals' (my understanding - but could be wrong on this last point)
    4. Spend all their loot before the rumble starts
    5. Buy a 24hr shields, and concentrate on farming the exploration map during that time. (no attacking active pirates or you will loose your shield)
    6. Those wanting to farm and not rumble may need to find another guild.
    Unfortunately this is where members within the guild need to talk and work out what's best for them and the direction of the guild.

Captain Didwell and awbo like this.
  6. Langballe

Langballe Crew

Thank you for your advice and suggestions guys, I appreciate it :)

We'll try out some of the suggestions and hopefully we'll find a way for both farmers and rumblers to be happy;)

Ian likes this.
  7. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

1, 4 and 6 are the only real solutions. 2 and 5 are subsets of 6; shields get in the way of active farming. 3 is incorrect, you are still a rumble rival both attacking and defending...and you loose all benefits of being in a rumble. 2 without the shield is a tactic that one may try if willing to give up a quick loss in return for the attacker to ignore the stonrage and collectors...in today's environment the attacker will usually try and take all. I would also add 7: stay online. You can't be attacked while on line.

Ian is absolutely right when he say that the guild needs to figure out the direction that they want to sail.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  8. Yep, that is the surefire general solution to most attacks if you don't want to spend gems. I usually keep rez low during a rumble. Or at least keep ONE of them low. i.e. If I am saving up gold for something, I keep the grog really low (<200K) or vice versa. That tends to discourage attacks, as most rez hunters want both. But that said, once one of them gets above ~2M... the vultures will start descending.

Still, if you are my rumble rival, I probably will hit you anyway even if your rez is low, just to get the stars. ;-)

In my experience (and its not long, because rumbles have not been here that long!), I do not find that being in a rumble really results in a big increase in attacks on me. Maybe others have had a very different experience.

9. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

I for one am attacked a lot more often during rumbles. Outside of rumbles I am rarely attacked.

10. yeti

yeti Captain

Yep, in my experience it matters very much if you are in a rumble re. number of hits on you. Definitely get attacked way more during rumbles so lose a lot more resources.

I find the bonus doesn't come close, even for a win, to what's achievable in a non rumble day when you do the same number of ràids and are not getting attacked every time you log off...