How to get your guild noticed?

Discussion in 'Guild Strategies' started by O-DOUBLE-B, May 7, 2017.

1. O-DOUBLE-B

O-DOUBLE-B Powder Monkey

Any suggestions on how to get your guild noticed by other players?

2. Ian

Ian Commodore

Hey @O-DOUBLE-B here are a few suggestions:
    1. A good recruitment post clearly defines your Guild; your expectations; requirements and what sets your Guild above everyone else. (read some of the others here to see what works and what doesn't)
    2. Regular posts and updates
    3. a good signature banner that makes your Guild recognisable in all your posts
    4. Gate: OPEN PR 1 once you get a few members others will follow
    5. starting from scratch takes time and patience
    good luck

3. O-DOUBLE-B

O-DOUBLE-B Powder Monkey

Cheers pal, I'll implement this set of information and see how it works out for me, i've only been in piracy for 58 days so that's true that it's gonna take time and patience.

4. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Great Outline @Ian I couldn't figure how to simplify my answer. But yes, that's there the ingredients to attracting a broad audience.
    You can also do a couple rumbles a week or more if you like, that's another way of advertising your guild.
    Best of luck mate!

O-DOUBLE-B likes this.
  5. Ian

Ian Commodore

Opening your guild to ALL means you will end up with a lot of PH 1's & 2'S let them in and build your numbers. Some will leave, some will become inactive very quickly.
    The inactive ones will artificially keep your numbers high attracting other members; when you need room, slowly remove the inactive members one at a time, allowing them to be replaced. Slowly raise your PH requirements and PR; encourage your existing lower PH members to develop and upgrade.

Its a long slow progress developing a great Guild; but well worth the time and energy.

flyingdoucheman and O-DOUBLE-B like this.
  6. O-DOUBLE-B

O-DOUBLE-B Powder Monkey

Yes most people only see the numbers in a just like we did when we started out:) i just opened it to everyone, btw my guild is called "troll islands" :D

flyingdoucheman likes this.
  7. Ian

Ian Commodore

With regards to signature banners; there are plenty of threads on how to create and upload. e:g: http://www.midoki.com/forum/index.php?threads/guild-banners.7393/
    You will need an external on-line photo storage account to store and link your pictures here (there are many around) I use photo bucket.

There are also a number of members here who have a talent for creating a great banner and if asked nicely might assist you if your talents (like me) are not in graphic design. @flyingdoucheman comes highly recommended if you read the forum enough :rolleyes:

O-DOUBLE-B likes this.
  8. O-DOUBLE-B

O-DOUBLE-B Powder Monkey

Thanks captain ian, i'm grateful for the time you took to explain the all the bits, Good luck and keep up the good work ;-)