How worth it is PC & Observatory?

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by Syun, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Syun

Syun Crew

Is it worth putting my money in building them? I'm thinking if I'd rather put the money in urgrading my defense..

2. yeti

yeti Captain

IMO the PCis worth it because recruit times are ridiculously long and every little bit helps, but not the observatory until youre finished with Academy and mystic mortar upgrades etc

Fakebeard the Ba likes this.
  3. PC is definitely worth it. For me at least, the amount earned from attack is much bigger than defenses, and attacking that much more often is huge in terms of resources and fun gained. Sure, I love my defenses with <10% lost against level 8 taverns, but the real thrill is bringing home M of loot.

Observatory is much less clear, but really all the BP is on the map, not plundering other captains, so you have to spend some to earn some. It's a nice little perk, but I wouldn't waste BP on it until MM and Academy are maxed

Edit: ninja'd by my own guild

4. Tikigirl

Tikigirl First Mate

PC for sure, but the observatory is kind of cute.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  5. Agreed.

Captain Hakjka and Tikigirl like this.
  6. When doing long trips with the ship I find the Observatory similar to the PC. Every little bit helps.
    And since it's cost is reduced to 15 BP i'm okay with it. Heck most of the times it's already funded before my iPhone 4 even started the game..

7. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

I think most guild mates dont care for the obs and just built it cause it was there and fund it cause it is there.
    Hoping future updates will change funding from BP to something else, but doubt that will happen now it is 15BP.

PC is well worth the money and funding

Simple solution would be to swap funding so PC is BP and obs is EP

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  8. People just fancy raiding over exploring, because in my opinion the Pc and the observatory are equals in how much they cost and how much they return.

9. I'm sure they can and will adjust it down the road ,they got android release to work on 1st.;)

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  10. Fe_C

Fe_C Crew

PC definitely worthwhile, and Obs is worth to build If everyone in your guild contribute actively, IMO, as:
    1. they're extra hit point to your base
    2. reduce recruitment time as benefits mentioned above
    3. reduce sailing time which I can earn 4000+bp max a day if I am lucky enough

11. Captain Hakjka

I'm not so sure about equals as you can currently see a end to the exploring (subject to new maps etc etc) whereas the fighting will definitely always be there. It will be interesting to see how the games develops and whether these perks will remain the same.

12. Captain Hakjka

What are you hitting to get 4000bp? A day?

13. Fe_C

Fe_C Crew

Just 4* fish / bigger fish (mathematically max, if I am lucky enough)

14. Agreed on your point that exploration isn't infinite.

15. Captain Hakjka

Wow you are a glass half full kind of guy i like it :)

16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Now if only the observatory could lessen a trip time for a trip already started....

17. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

PC is very valuable. Observatory is useful but low priority. If only it didn't require BP!

Gangrene Beard likes this.