I keep getting a notification written in Chinese? BUG or something else

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Kings King Kong, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Kings King Kong

Kings King Kong Powder Monkey

Lately I've been getting some notifications written in Chinese.

XX! XXXXXXXXX! XX
    X, XXXXXXXXXXXXX!

(X: being Chinese Characters)

Is this a bug??? My settings are set to english and I've never experienced this before until the latest patch. Is this something that I should concern myself with or ignore and wait till the kinks in the new patch gets fixed.

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

There may be someone here who can help, but in the meantime you can contact support@rovio.com

3. Christy

Christy Commodore

[​IMG]

I just received this notification in I have no idea what language. So definitely something going on.

4. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

We have had at least one guild member receive messages in Chinese too.

5. Tex

Tex Commodore

I been getting the Chinese message a couple times. They're probably testing a new hack. :p

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

Ehyeh ago! Donate pirates for the benefit of the Guild! Goni their dirty pirates Tavern
    @Christy this is a rough translation of yours.

Since I'm not in the game at the moment I don't know, but do you get notifications about donations? Maybe you have people in your guild from other countries and the game is accidentally notifying you in their language?

That is Russian I believe.

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

@Tex do you have any Chinese or similar guild mates? Just testing a theory

8. Skye

Skye Commodore

Same thing happened to me. A couple chinese notifications in the last couple days, randomly, despite being English. We have one player that, despite speaking English, has native language set to Chinese as evidenced by donation request messages- so its possible that somehow their donation request bugged the notification scheduler?

Bear likes this.
  9. Tex

Tex Commodore

We have Chinese speakers, but I never receive push notifications in English regarding guild donations.

10. Christy

Christy Commodore

Oh my @Bear :eek: I don't even know what that means in English

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

Haha. Well that's my attempt to figure it out. The solution is beyond me. :D:D

Christy likes this.
  12. Having the same on my notifications and few on our guild also have it. Not only in Chinese, I also got in Russian, Korean and Japanese. I know but I can't read it. lol.
    Are we again being the guinea pig of the game? :/

13. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

We thought it might be a good way to introduce new languages to people :) Not going to get away with that am I?? OK it's a bug, I'll add it to the list :D

Bear and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  14. Lol Nice try Chris, I got them too, has some in Russian and some in Chinese (I guess?)

15. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

To be honest we have introduced a new messaging system separate from the normal notifications and it looks like the language paths are a little jumbled up at the moment. Don't worry, we're on it :)

Bear and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  16. Kings King Kong

Kings King Kong Powder Monkey

lol thx staff! :)

17. ThànhĐàm

ThànhĐàm Powder Monkey

Tôi think if ngầm thì Tôi sắp xếp hạng đầu thế v

18. ThànhĐàm

ThànhĐàm Powder Monkey

I was going to head the world then hahaha ... I was Vietnam ....

19. Jolo

Jolo Crew

It's Russian. It means, Donate Pirates for the benifit of the guild. Go to the Tavern!

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    Christy likes this.