If you can't sleep at night this might help!

Discussion in 'Fan Forum' started by The Fish Eyed Pirate, Oct 29, 2014.

1. .Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Ever notice the click sound at 32 seconds? I've wondered if that was intentional.

3. It was the afk message :p

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

Is that the game music? I never play games with audio on.

6. It is my friend! You can hear the sea and all. It's so calming!

Gangrene Beard and Bear like this.
  7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

It is calming, but with a toddler around my iPad mini seems much more tempting with pirate music on

8. Sunblade

Sunblade Powder Monkey

Together with the PH camera feed, this music is calming indeed (lol, it even rhymes ;))

9. Cap'n Creeperb

Cap'n Creeperb First Mate

Aah how wonderful, makes me want to plunder some poor creatures.

10. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

I want everyone to calm down for a second and appreciate the work of music producers in games. Everybody talks about graphics and effects and bla but rarely about the people that provide the majesty of sound! Seriously, think about it guys...

11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Oh I do. Koji Kondo scored the two most iconic video game songs. I wholeheartedly believe that everyone here knows the Super Mario theme and the Legend of Zelda theme.

After a while we started getting real music by popular artists in video games. Tony Hawk's games had a lot of great music but none of it was composed for the game.

Then Martin O'Donnell from Bungie did the Marathon* franchise and did a masterful job of pulling emotion into the music of video games, instead of just random music picked from a cd or playlist, he composed an emotional ride for the players.

*Marathon is felt to be the backstory to the super popular Halo story.

12. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yea. since this post I have turned the music on in my game. I really enjoy it. This is the only game I listen to the sounds in.

13. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Great soundtrack to this game! Is it available on cassette?

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Ooh! With a full inlay!

15. As a music producer it was one of the first things that I loved about the game. Especially the trailer soundtrack and the Talkover vocal! Love it!

16. Behind the scenes get no fame ...but very important to over all appeal of game. Remix be nice

Clash pirate likes this.
  17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@AngryBeard : Thank you so much for throwing your overlooked music producers some credit. I've created music for games before, and aside from the smug satisfaction we get from having WAY more groupies than the coders, it is a difficult, thankless job. It drives us crazy when we spend months composing, only to have most players auto-mute on first startup.

Players: Always give a game's soundtrack a listen. One of a game music composer's main goals is to make a soundtrack that won't drive you insane, even after hundreds of hours listening to it. It's a very tall order, but there are lots of amazingly talented people in this field who can do it in their sleep.

18. Cap'n Creeperb

Cap'n Creeperb First Mate

I never mute games unless I play in bed in the middle of the night. The music in games are important to me and makes that different from a dull flat game or a game with an amazing atmosphere. What games have you created music for?

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  19. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Unfortunately I have to mute my game a lot - or my daughter tries to take it from me :)

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  20. Get her a iPad mini with kids games...or maybe she just plundering ipad as practice for the game???;)

Clash pirate likes this.