Improve the landlocked ship feature

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Vince, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Vince

Vince First Mate

To improve the defense of the village, a lot of player use the boat as a tower, like this :

[​IMG]

It does not make sense, the boat can't join the sea lol
    The boat should always be able to join the sea … so maybe we can add this rule in the island edition?

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

When I first started playing, I also thought it was weird that it was possible to place the boat like that. In that case it has to be connected to the overall sea, like a canal, but like that it's just crammed in.

SaK and Rachael like this.
  3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

This has already been suggested, and is already on the master lists. (Disallow Landlocked Ships). Please check the master lists before requesting features :)

SaK likes this.
  5. Bear

Bear Commodore

I don't currently have a landlocked ship, but I have at different stages of my playing this game. It's useful and should be allowed.

Pirate! and Tikigirl like this.
  6. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

Landlock ship looks stupid and
    Lighthouse and Observatory in the middle of the island is unlogical too.
    But why not, this game isn't realistic at all,
    eg. cannons, bunker etc. shoot through buildings etc.
    and the size of buildings make no sense.
    This game has something special and that's why I like it.

Tikigirl, Captain Monkey and Bear like this.
  7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The feature is on the list, but my 0.02, illogical argument aside, I just don't see the harm in landlocked ships. It allows for more creative base design, which IMO seems like a good thing.

Kawika and Luqman like this.
  8. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Here's the twist: we are all space pirates (dun dun duuuuun!!!). Our ships are space pirate ships and thus it can set sail even when land-locked :D

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  9. Moved thread to General Features because it's on that masterlist and it's a Build and Battle improvement in one.
    Also changed the thread title to make it a bit more clear what's it about

10. People should be able to have landlocked ships but not explore when its landlocked

11. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

I think Tinkerbell and Cap'n Hook had a flying ship. Why not us?

Smelly_Vile, Pirate! and Tex like this.
  12. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

I have no issues with a landlocked ship. Although in real life it is impractical and makes no sense this is not real life. If we are going to go down that road there are a whole lot of other issues I would look. I think it creates unique strategy options and more diverse maps. Nobody wants cookie cutter maps designs and rejecting landlocked ships I think is a move in that direction.

13. Tex

Tex Commodore

Just allow offense to drop pirates in the water surrounding the ship.
    That would be interesting and probably fix the issue.

Salty Snack likes this.
  14. Pirate!

Pirate! Crew

I'll start off with a disclaimer, my ship is land locked. One thing that would get me to "unlock" it would be if the ship, every time it set sail, went through a brief animation sequence where it left the dock and sailed off towards the island barrier and disappeared. If the ship is landlocked, the animation can't start and the ship doesn't sail.

Brownie points for Midoki if they make it shrink (ie. disappear) the closer it gets to the edge (horizon).

And two cents on why it's landlocked, it allows guns on both sides without easy access to the base through close water. Although I suppose most pirate ships were moored offshore, I prefer to think of mine as beached for a good hull scrubbing (gotta keep the recruits busy while waiting for battle!).

Tikigirl, Tex and Kelani like this.
  15. Floki

Floki Captain

Maybe your islands are tidal???

16. Finally someone with sense.. Wait what?!

Floki likes this.
  17. Floki

Floki Captain

Careful Mr Fish don't let them think I ever make sense...555

18. I don't have to, you make your own point very well ;)

19. Cap'n Creeperb

Cap'n Creeperb First Mate

A good pirate can't let the absence of water stop them from sailing their ship.

20. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

This seems like a lot of work for something that many seem fine with. Are there any other "rule based" objects in terms of where you can place them? It seems to me this "feature" would be more trouble than it's worth to make. I kinda like the idea that any object can go anywhere.