inaccurate replays showing incorrect result

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Honu, May 17, 2016.

1. Honu

Honu Powder Monkey

Battle replays have different outcomes than the original raids in many cases - have noticed this in maybe one third of the cases in the past couple days. A defense in which my base was 100% destroyed may show only 85% destruction in the replay, and an attack in which I achieved 80% destruction may show 100% destruction in the replay. One replay even showed that my base had won a defense, while the defense log showed that my base has been 1-starred.

The bases are the same, and the troops are the same, but the replays show different outcomes than the results listed in attack and defense logs. The attack log matches what I saw happening during the actual attack, so it seems that the replays are not capturing the actual attack sequence correctly.

I am using an IPad Mini 4 FYI.

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Ahoy @Honu!

Unfortunately this is a known issue, particularly with the storm event - unfortunately, some of the storm buffs/nerfs aren't being applied correctly in the replays, leading to inaccuracies. We'll hopefully have this sorted for when we run the event next time!

3. Deadwood

Deadwood Powder Monkey

Its a known issue, and it will allways be a known issue...
    In coc you can watch Live when your village being attacked, so its not impossible to fix with little will...

4. Dan02ssm

Dan02ssm Powder Monkey

Yeah not sure what's going on. Haha. Said I've been attacked, 79% destroyed and the usual 11+ HR shield but I watched it and whoever attacked only had 46%.

Dunno!

5. Deadwood

Deadwood Powder Monkey

But maybe if we could buy accurate replays with gems?
    The nongemmers would have to watch inaccurate replays and the top players could pay for the accurate ones...
    Maybe then Midoki would be interested in fixing replays!
    Cause thats what the game is all about now, spending gems..

6. Langballe

Langballe Crew

Today my defence log shows a 3* defeat, but when I replay it from my Galaxy S7, iPad Pro and iPad Mini(1) all his pirates are dead after about 1:30 and the gets between 0 and 1* (47-52%) (The replay runs for 2:59)

In the replay he is clearly no-where near a 3*. I have noticed small difference before, but this time it is just too much.

Has a new bug been introduced or made worse by a maintenance break or is this normal behavior?

Colonel Forbin and HollyMrsBooty like this.
  7. Ian

Ian Commodore

@Langballe As far as I remember and understand the replay bug has always been an issue and the game does not store the exact replay only the key elements such as drop points and timing. The but is a result in the minor variations in the AI each time you replay. The bug appears to be worse if you replay at x2, x4 speeds. but the Log result is always correct.