Incomplete building showing as water still exists

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Kelani, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

According to Rovio support, the bug where an incomplete building becomes a deployable patch of water during a battle was supposed to be fixed in the last update, but it still exists. Because of that, they asked me to post this info here. Originally, I thought this only affected the larger-footprint buildings like PH,Academy,Guild,Voodoo, but it seems it affects every under-construction building. I've never heard about it happening with defenses, but I suppose they could also be affected.

This bug can cause big problems, because most people typically build things inside their walls, and a patch of water there is like a welcome mat for attackers. If you're unlucky enough to get repeatedly raided by people who take the resources and quit, you can wind up losing nearly 100% of your resources overnight.

I've been bitten by it several times. Even after I started putting incomplete builds outside my walls, sometimes that's still a bad place for a lake.

There are two ways to prevent it

1. Anything you're upgrading, move it far away from your town.
    2. If you leave it in your town, stick a few decorations around it, so they will create land in that area.

To find out if you've been affected, check the replays in your defense log. If you see troops deploying in a lake that you don't see in town view, congrats! You've just experienced the Sneaky Lake Effect.

Rovio support says if you lose resources from this bug, send them a support email, mention the bug, and include how many resources you lost from raids that exploited it.

To send the support email, tap the Log Book icon at left on your town screen. Then tap the Gears/Settings icon on the top right of the Log screen. Next, hit the Help life preserver at bottom right on that screen. Then tap the Support button to open up an email to support, with your pirate details already filled in. Can't beat that. :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    Kit and Gangrene Beard like this.