Increase Guild Size

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Landon, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Landon

Landon First Mate

Simple enough, increase guild roster to 75+.

There are many active and quality players willing to join us and we're willing to accept them, but we're currently full.

Could this be done, pls pls pls? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Maybe when the guild is full everyone could spend gold or grog to make the guild even better. Like donating loot to a guild vault, like ''investing''.
    One thing could be to increase the guild size as my friend Landon suggests, another thing could be to enhance perk cooldowns, etc.

3. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

Don't like the idea because
    - chat is limited to 32
    - it's hard enough to remember who is who with 50 members
    - if we have guild wars, 75 would be to big

my 2 cents

4. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Maybe start another guild that is linked to your main guild? Like a ''baby guild'' with only 25 members? This way you could recruit more players, and when you think they are strong enough you move them to your ''main guild''. Just by starting a second guild is not the same thing, it should be ''linked'' and everyone in the main guild should be able to see ''baby guild's'' members.

5. Landon

Landon First Mate

- increase chat line limits
    - you need better organization on your guild cuz our 50 members seems like 10. It's also subjective cuz in ours because it's like a family. We KNOW each other.. Or you eventually get corrupted! ;)
    - see second reason

Edward Kenway likes this.
  6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

If/when the chat bug and small buffer are fixed, and guilds are robust enough to track who's playing, funding, kicking, promoting, etc, AND that info can be stored permanently, AND they add a new Quartermaster rank, and something useful for guilds to do (wars) then I think a 75 person guild could work. But not before.

Bear and Shonda La like this.
  7. Landon

Landon First Mate

Indeed, our spreadsheet keeps track of our members but it's too archaic. But even so, it's difficult to include my roster sheet to the game. For now, it may just be a basic info sheet that ensures our crew has the grogg to drink and loot to plunder:cool:

Kelani likes this.
  8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I keep a pretty detailed spreadsheet also, and I don't see how you can find time keep track of all that stuff. The only way I'd do that is if several people in crew maintained some of the entries. :)

9. Landon

Landon First Mate

Easy.. They're all active as in these guys actually talk and continuously upgrade their structures. In addition, we have activities that promote and encourage each other to get better. Lastly, I only have to audit the non maxed bases. *wipe sweat*

Kelani likes this.
  10. Landon

Landon First Mate

Yeaa!! Add that to the "guild stronghold" suggestion.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Ahh, non-maxed bases. Key word there. We have.. none of those :) I guess I just don't see what benefit is given by knowing whether everyone has a L1 or L2 Mystic. :)

Shonda La likes this.
  12. Floki

Floki Captain

You can do exercises to increase the size of your guild..Or so I have been told......Kelani you said.........

13. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I actually think they're should be a way to increase the limit somehow. Maybe change how the guild system works. Maybe when you start the guild it can only hold 25 players, then you can upgrade to 50 and 75 after a lot of donations to the ''guild vault'' or something. I think the game should encourage teamwork even more than it already does.

Kelani likes this.
  14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I like this idea but, like @Kelani, I really want to see fixed chat system with a larger cache of messages(say 100) before guild size is increased.

Kelani, Bear and Tikigirl like this.
  15. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

It should be easy to increase guild size to 75-100.

Just make our pirates a whole lot smaller

Kelani and Gangrene Beard like this.
  16. Landon

Landon First Mate

Noooo! I want a bigger boat... Err.. SHIP!! o_O

17. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Err...Dinghy!

Wait, will that get censored?

18. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yeah, basically, it's common sense.

Make sure the people who have to run 75+ player guilds have the (working) tools to do the job. Then increase the guild size.

Furthering that idea, I'd like to see the option to keep your guild size wherever you want Offhand, I'd say: 50 or 100 players

Then have each guild size be in its own league, for the guild wars.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  19. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Boom Beach did a good version of this where you start off with a 5 person team, then move up by 5 for each time you grow(up to 25 players) but the movement is one way. Once you go big, you can't go back to small.

Kelani likes this.