Increased damage skills (mortar, walls, gun towers)

Discussion in 'General Strategies' started by Bat, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Bat

Bat Powder Monkey

Do the academy skills for increased damage on mortars, walls, and gun towers make a big difference? Anyone know the percent increase in damage done with these skills? Just trying to figure out if it is better to get an extra 10 damage boost for my brutes or the mortar skill.

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

They definitely make a difference although I am unsure of the percentage or damage amount change.

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

There is no choice. Get both.

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Illusions of choice!

5. Alexander

Alexander Powder Monkey

Academy is one of the place to spend most of my grog (without using any builder) and with overflowing of grog, I say upgrade every skill with prioritization.

6. Bat

Bat Powder Monkey

I agree but it would be nice to see the stats on these skills. It would also be nice to know the dps of each unit. Don't know why the devs would rather keep this info hidden.

7. Burnz

Burnz Captain

It seems that you need some of the sea monster upgrades/ talents in order to tackle 4 star monsters at PH level 5. Before I got them, it always said suicidal, now they no longer do.

8. Bat

Bat Powder Monkey

It might help but I think jugg/gunner combo is best for taking out pretty much everything on the map.

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Burnz the way I understand it, your ship level, and having a few troops with the correct sea battle skill helps, but what makes the most difference is troop count. At least that's what affects the Suicidal!/Dangerous/No warning flag.

One thing I do is keep a record of how many troops each monster kills. Then when I'm sending my ship to one, I just make sure to include a few extra.

Burnz likes this.
  10. Elementary student

Elementary student Powder Monkey

Totally agree, numbers can make critical impact

11. Elementary student

Elementary student Powder Monkey

That's why you have to build magic mortar to stop them and mortar hitting them real hard!!!

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Magic mortar doesn't have anything to do with map monster battles, but it's great in town battles :)

13. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Thanks for that. Shortly after my post I changed my tactic to exactly that and it works great. I now do my best to send a bunch of the proper troop when battling a sea creature.