Increasing grog and gold capacities

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by Bigbyte50, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Bigbyte50

Bigbyte50 Powder Monkey

Could some one tell me how I can increase the capacities so that I can accrue 600,000 gold or 125,000 grog needed to make certain upgrades? I have built 5 of each and increased them to level 5 and 6 but the capacity does not increase beyond 41,500. Only the rate of production per hour changes. Any help would be appreciated as I am a real Newbie in playing online games for a senior citizen. Thanks!

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

You have to upgrade the ''banks'' to be able to carry more resources. By upgrading the ''collectors'' themselves will not make your cap higher. You have to upgrade your Grog storage, and gold storage for that.

3. Bigbyte50

Bigbyte50 Powder Monkey

Thanks for your help with that Edward. I guess it is important to upgrade, upgrade, upgrade to progress further. One other question though is, what are the advantages to building a guild hall and joining a guild? Thanks again mate!

4. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Atm you can get an attack boost if you join a guild AND build the blacksmith (the blacksmith is then ''funded'' and the boost lasts for 1d with a 2H cooldown). Guild wars and troop donation have been discussed and the developers will add more features to the guilds at a later date. Nothing is confirmed but Chris here at the forum has mentioned some interesting stuff:)

Glad I could help, np mate:)

5. Bespen12

Bespen12 Powder Monkey

Hi. May be a silly question but I cannot figure out how to upgrade my gold and grog storage to level 6. It costs 100,000 grog or gold to upgrade but the capacity is 96,500 at level 5. Any thoughts on best way to upgrade so I can upgrade everything else I have? Thanks

6. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Do you only have one of each? You can build multiple ones

7. BlackDeBeard

BlackDeBeard Powder Monkey

You must build another extra Storage

8. It's almost funny how many people ask that question and when they hear the answer they all are like.. Damn why didn't I think of that?!

9. Bespen12

Bespen12 Powder Monkey

Thanks everyone. And yes, this was a "why didn't I think of that?" moment!!

Flowers and Edward Kenway like this.
  10. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

If you need anymore help, don't hesitate to ask:)

11. Bigbyte50

Bigbyte50 Powder Monkey

Thanks Edward I will keep that in mind. One other thing to ask if you don't mind. How does the recruitment work? I have 35 Pirates and have a ship xploring the map so I go back to my island and recruit and some times fight on the map while exploring. The Pirates I recruit are use to this fight. However I have noticed that I recruit 35 then go check on my map progress in my route set. I go back and check the island then back to the map. My recruitment shortcut shows zero when I had already recruited 35. What have I done wrong? Also what is the Idea of the different spots to add crew in this recruitment area? I think I may be wasting grog and pirates etc. Thanks again.

12. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

When you are exploring the map all the pirates that are already recruited will go on that sea voyage. Thats why when i explore the map i only build 1 pirate.
    You will get all of the 35 pirates back once they are done exploring.

If you attack ships, merchants, krakens or big fish you might lose some in battle. But if you just explore, all those 35 will come back.

Just make sure that when u press the pirate icon on the ship after completion of exploring that you have 0 units at that moment! otherwise they will disappear!)

13. Bigbyte50

Bigbyte50 Powder Monkey

Ok thanks Edward. I recruited 35 single pirates while exploring and picked a fight on the map as well but only 17 went on the fight and the remainder disappeared. Does size of ship only carry so many pirates?

14. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

If You Fight You Sometime Lost Pirates So You Have 35 and went to fight if they return with 17 then That Means Some Died So You Need To Train New Ones

15. Admin [Midoki]

OK I'll step in on this one as it does seem to confuse some people. Edward is pretty much right, but I'll clarify.

Everything is related to your tavern capacity. For this example lets say it is 30.
    If I recruit 30 pirates so the tavern is full, and decide to explore, all 30 will go on the ship (depending on what pirates you recruit it will make the events on the map easier or harder). The tavern capacity bar (the blue one below gems) is now 0 because the tavern is empty > all the pirates are on the ship.
    While they are exploring I can keep recruiting more pirates (the blue bar will fill up) and go multi player fighting.

When the exploration is finished you have pirates left on the ship. The number is displayed above the ship next to the pirate icon. Lets say I lost 10 during events, then I would have 20 on the ship. Put simply is the tavern capacity has room for 20 I will get them all back by tapping the pirate icon. If there isn't room for all I will get back as many as can fit and the rest will be lost.

Tavern capacity = 30, Pirates in tavern = 0, Pirates on ship = 20, > I would get them all back
    Tavern capacity = 30 Pirates in tavern = 10 Pirates on ship = 20 > I would get them all back
    Tavern capacity = 30, Pirates in tavern = 25, Pirates on ship = 20, > I would get them 5 back

Hope that helps :)

16. July cleaver

July cleaver Powder Monkey

So, does that mean, if I have a full tavern of 20 pirates, and 10 pirates return from exploring, that 10 of the pirates disappear when the ship comes back? So, I am wasting grog by recruiting while the ship is exploring? (This kinda feels like a dreaded middle school math word problem!)

17. Admin [Midoki]

Yes, you could leave them on the ship until you have lost 10 pirates from the Tavern in a fight for example, but if there isn't room for them then they're gone.