Insignia HIDS

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Dog_Book, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Dog_Book

Dog_Book Powder Monkey

Ok, so ive got a mate who wants HIDs fitting to his UK Insignia.

What kit do i need to buy and fit off the shelf?

Any ideas on wattage and which colours?

Any links would be great thanks, bearing in mind im not good with anything mechanical or cars and ive never raced motorbikes or anything. Im a bit thick really :)

2. Ian

Ian Commodore

Whilst I only have HID's as independent spot lights. I do believe the headlight replacement kits are easy enough to install (remove/replace). Things to look out for are:
    1. Colour - get as close natural daylight as possible (probably in the 6k-8k range)
      1. 6k will give you a nice popular white light
      2. 8k will give you a blueish light (good for rain/fog)

2. Legals - check with your local regulations about fitting aftermarket HID's not all places will allow these lights as an aftermarket product.

3. Wattage - generally they come in either 35w or 55w; the 55's will give you a brighter light and a greater distance, but at the expense of the life of the bulb.

3. Unlike Halogen or LED, HID's do take time to warm up to full strength. So will take a bit of getting used to when you first turn them on.​

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016