iPhone 5 - Battery Life

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Captain Didwell, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Captain Didwell

Captain Didwell First Mate

Hi guys, I'm really not good in gadgets specially in Apple products. but does my iPhone 5 die so fast?
    I open very often to update PP but not staying hours.
    No other Apps are open/running.
    I open Facebook/messenger sometimes.
    No multiple Apps are open.

Normally, how long would iPhone 5 takes before it will out of battery in your side?
    I charge for almost 4hrs to full, and it takes 5hrs or lesser before it dies. (This is a secondhand unit only..) :(

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  2. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Man plunder pirates will eat your battery up in 30 minutes. I only play plugged in if I can help it unless it's a quick on and off.

Captain Didwell likes this.
  3. Bryno

Bryno Crew

Turning off Bluetooth and wifi when not needed will help. Also touch settings,privacy,location services then scroll through the apps. You'll want most to say while using or never. If you see one that has a purple arrow next to it. It is or has resently used cell service, adjust it to while using. Last, periodically double click the home button (brings you to multi task area). This will show apps that are open but in standby (some may use service while open) swipe up to close them . These things will save B power.
    I had downloaded Trip Advisor app and used it once. Days later I found my B dieing in 4-5 hours with little use (normally seeing 16+ hours) on iphone6+ .
    The app was open using location services all the time sucking B down. Adjusted it to while using , problem solved.

Like Daddy P says PP sucks a B super fast as well.

4. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

And tagging onto Bryno's comments, make sure pp is completely closed. Following the home button instructions above. If it's open in the background, it still eats battery life.

5. Captain Didwell

o_O,,,,,

I see.. . so it is normal for the device, I thought my units battery has a problem.:rolleyes:
    Thank you very much captain @Daddy P and @Bryno . Now, I will be able to save some more power by following your advice. :D:D

6. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Best to play on charger. This game really sucks the juice!

7. Captain Didwell

I try playing it with charger, but it cannot take it.. more power are consumed than the charger provides. :(
    My charger is only replaced one and not the original...:rolleyes:
    btw, thank you.:D

8. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Even on charger, things get hot! You're welcome!