Is it a real replay or an animation?

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by WOLLIMAUS, Aug 24, 2017.

1. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

For what are the replays when the SAME replay shows EVERY time you watching it an different ending ????

from support i hear... yes we look in to it, but we need time... and then.. i hear nothing ...

yesterday i shared an won tough attack with my mates...

what i saw during the attack was, that only two aeronauts was left, NOBODY else is alive and the aeronauts destroyed the last canon in the last second, no time left and 100%

the shared replay in the chat 1. time watched shows: there are also ggs and a few gunners left and the areonauts and 35 sec time left

same shared replay watched the 2.time: shows now, MORE guys left and jumping because victory

then i watched the same replay but this time from my attack log again... and suddenly my 2 wds are also alive(they died) and the guys at the End :eek:o_O

Is there any explanation for this???

and just right now the same thing, every time it's different and a different ending... and also during the attacks...
    I put the 2. wd later, i remember that, because the 1. died... and the replay shows that i put them at the same time... than it shows that i didn't put the 2. wd at all :eek::confused:

HELP!! It's very spooky :eek:

and what is also annoying... the defendlog is erased sometimes very fast(maintenance or another crash in the system) and i can't take my revenges if i feel like it...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  2. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Replays have never been exact and can only track where and when you deploy your troops and then its up to the game to determine how it plays out. Your log is always correct even if the replay is wrong as for if you actually won the battle or not.

There was a time when replays were super off and have since became a tad better but they are still a mess.

WOLLIMAUS and Omar CeceƱa like this.
  3. McQ

McQ Captain

It's annoying on some attacks where you just down the last structure as the time expires and it flashes up as 3*s but then only gives you 2. But yes as 850 says you can only trust your log not the replay. Sometimes it's more accurate watching in real speed rather than the speeded up version.

850arrr likes this.
  4. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

But how is it possible that the replay I've shared from my log, shows still something else... every time and shows me also something else what i just saw 3 min ago?? This i don't understand!

5. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Simple (as others have already explained) - the replays are not a recording/video of a fight... each time they are 'played' a new battle is run using the troop AI, with only troop deployment times/locations 'recorded'.

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

^ This - what we believe is happening is that one or more of the perks or buffs (Stonemason, Blacksmith, Training Ground, Streak buffs and/or Outfit buffs) isn't being applied to replays properly, hence the difference in the battle and the replay. We're in the process of tracking down exactly where the divergence is.

850arrr, ElFrenetico and WOLLIMAUS like this.
  7. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Then they are somehow "useless"! I watch them to learn when my place get's attacked to make necessary changes/improvements and share sometimes my own attacks that others can learn or just have fun :p.

Thank you Lynsey :).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    Intimidator likes this.
  8. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Kinda, they still get the point across as to how an attack unfolds. I agree that having perfect replays would be rad, but they have been off since the beginning of the game, so I guess I'm use to it.

9. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

Thanks for the acknowledgment of what makes replays tick, Lynsey! We can speculate to the point of near-certainty, but a candid peek at a game's inner workings is always interesting. More! (I know, I know, gotta keep it mysterious to stay a step ahead of game hackers). :)

850arrr likes this.