Is my profile corrupted?

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by locomoco, Mar 19, 2016.

1. locomoco

locomoco Powder Monkey

Hi, I was playing just fine this morning until about 11am and now Plunder Pirates doesn't load. I says "connecting to server" then the app quits on my iPhone. I tried both wi-fi and cellular data and it does the same thing. I had a second account (back when Minis were the rage) and it logs in just fine. When I change game center IDs and switch back to my main account, the app quits again at the same time. It also quits on different devices. Can you check my account and see if there is something wrong with it? I was in the middle of recruiting pirates when it happened. I've been playing for 1.5 years...and have put a lot of time and money into it. I will be very very disappointed if I lose all my progress . Please check it. Thanks.

Scurvy Red likes this.
  2. ZombieKing

ZombieKing Powder Monkey

loco - same here. Have to resort to going on phone (android). Seems most of the guild has iOS as no one is on

3. Scurvy Red

Scurvy Red Powder Monkey

I hope this is able to be rectified. I want to plunder!!

4. ZombieKing

ZombieKing Powder Monkey

This is a full blown Greek tragedy. Anyone online still is not donating pirates (thanh is on line but pffft) and plunder points are on adverage 173 for me in plunder. #1 team (AR) in rumble has 5 to 8 online still. Almost time to toss conceded to defeat, and I hate losing more than I like winning.

5. Fonilala

Fonilala Powder Monkey

I miss you guys :( Hope they fix this soon

6. Scurvy Red

Scurvy Red Powder Monkey

Me too, Foni. I haven't heard anyone else talking about this so I wonder if it is just our guild that is effected.

7. Fonilala

Fonilala Powder Monkey

Everyone in our guild who uses iPhone/iPad. What about our buddy skorbut?

8. ZombieKing

ZombieKing Powder Monkey

It's a ghost ship at USA Pirateers, only a few are on and they are not donating or funding. I'm getting serious eye strain from being on my android phone. I've done all I can to motivate them but I'm out of speeches, or my words of encouragement are falling on deaf ears. Soon I will have their heads falling on my sword, yet I pause and remember that absolute power.... You know the rest. I refraine... For now.

All joking aside, someone in programming need to take this seriously. iOS users can not get on to your game, soon they will be leaving your game in droves. You pay the bills with ads and people purchasing items. Look at you iOS revenue and tell me if 50% were to leave, what would that do to your revenue.

9. Scurvy Red

Scurvy Red Powder Monkey

He's hooked up on android but sadly I don't have that tablet with me right now. I'm away from home.

10. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Ahoy chaps,

Has this resolved itself or is it still a problem? It's obviously worrying if there were multiple people in the same guild unable to log in (we haven't had any reports from any one else about log in issues over this time period, as far as I'm aware), so I'll look into this regardless. Doesn't seem to be a server or iOS thing, rather account based, given that Locomoco was able to log in with their other account?

Also, you won't lose progress - as long as you haven't been sharing your account with another player, we should be able to retrieve your island.

11. Fonilala

Fonilala Powder Monkey

Hey Lynsey, the problem was solved when the rumble has ended.

12. Lynsey [Midoki]

Hmm, very odd, that's useful info though. Apologies for the inconvenience, hopefully we can figure out what caused it and stop it from happening again.

13. Lynsey [Midoki]

Right, we've had a look into it and it appears that it was caused by a crash by a dodgy message in your guild (by dodgy I mean that for whatever reason, iOS couldn't display it) - whenever you tried to log in, it would crash as it tried to retrieve and display the message in guild chat. It seems like you were able to log in once the message had been moved off the chat log by other messages pushing it down. We're trying to identify the exact message that caused the issue and hoping to get this fixed asap.

14. Fonilala

Fonilala Powder Monkey

Oh that's odd... Hope it doenst happen again. Thx for quick reply!:)

15. Scurvy Red

Scurvy Red Powder Monkey

Thanks, Lynsey We all love the game and get a little twitchy when separated from it.

16. Lynsey [Midoki]

If it happens again (which hopefully it won't!) then if your Android players keep posting 'safe' messages in gchat, they'll push the 'bad' message off the bottom. Obviously it's a bit awkward saying that until we know which message caused the issue (could have been a problematic replay share, for example)!

17. Scurvy Red

Scurvy Red Powder Monkey

I guess android users just aren't as chatty