Is the witch doctor drunk?

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Red Hand of Doom, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Sometimes my witch doctor is acting weird, I drop him with let say 10 gunners, 9 of them will go after the brute and jugs that landed a few seconds before and one of them will go after an outhouse. The witch doctor will go with the gunner that needs to go weewee, why? does he carry the toilet paper? What about the 9 other souls that are now being hammered by the mortar with no protection? Isn't the witch doctor suppose to go with the crowd instead of the one off that need to go to the bathroom?

Mondo and Christy like this.
  2. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

He prefers to protect the dead as well.

Christy likes this.
  3. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I had one that never even left the rowboat.

The Fish Eyed Pirate and Christy like this.
  4. Christy

Christy Commodore

LMAO. I had one that swam in the sea the entire time :eek: must have been a hot day :cool:

Mondo and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  5. Sleepy_toto

Sleepy_toto Powder Monkey

Hate when they do that.....like wth he follow 1 when there are 30 of them that needed him--~

6. Captain Crumbly

Captain Crumbly Powder Monkey

Think he just follows one pirate,whoever he was closest to when he was deployed. If that pirate dies he then follows next closest even if that is a revived pirate in the form of a skeleton. Sometimes this can be annoying. Sometimes I have wondered myself if he has had a night on the grog.

Kelani likes this.
  7. Sleepy_toto

Sleepy_toto Powder Monkey

Thanks for the info, guess next time I will deploy my troops better xD

8. The doctor has similar behavior to the old healer from clash of clans, It is in need of a similar fix.

9. Moostache

Moostache Crew

Agreed with everything about his odd AI, not just his decision to follow one stray gunner but also how much he loves swimming :p I realized the reason why he swims without ever landing is due to his AI being designed to only follow other troops. If he is deployed as the very first pirate, or the very last one after all your troops have already died, the only thing he would do is to keep swimming since he can't find anyone to follow. It always makes me wonder why the system would allow me to search for someone to raid, when my entire tavern has no one but a WD :rolleyes:

That being said the swimming behavior is still preventable as long as you make sure he isn't the only pirate deployed/remaining. I only wish he could stop swimming but be smart enough to go after dead skeletons even after everyone died :D

Kelani likes this.
  10. That makes me wonder. Do their shield buffs stack?

11. Moostache

Moostache Crew

That one I'm not quite sure since I never felt like I needed more than one WD even when I was in the Top 200s. My guess is that they don't actually stack but one WD would protect the other WD if they are in each other's sphere......That again I never really used more than one per attack so I can't actually say :)

12. Ian

Ian Commodore

hahahaaa.. glad to see I'm not the only one that this happens to..

13. Skye

Skye Commodore

Buffs definitely don't stack. I'd love a specific number on exactly how much the reduce damage though.

Moostache likes this.
  14. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Yes, I hate it when my drunk arse WD follows that one guy who decided to leave the pack.

I believe it shields 8 damage from every shot.

Tikigirl likes this.
  15. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Hmm, the WD seems to hold back from advancing when deploying multiple waves of troops for me. More like he follows that LAST pirate the WD was closest to when the last close pirate (within the WD's range) was deployed, not what's closest at the time the WD was deployed.
    In other words, he follows the later deployed pirates. Just my observation.

16. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

From earlier testing using PH7-maxed gunners and counting the number L8-9 mortar blasts they can survive, it was determined that the WD does the following:

Unprotected Gunner: 2 mortar hits (3rd kills him)

WD Stock Aura: 3-4 mortar hits
    WD w/Guardian: 5-6 mortar hits
    WD w/Guardian2: 6-7 mortar hits

Just a rough estimate, nothing scientific here.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.