Joining Guilds

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Dad of Three, May 2, 2016.

1. Dad of Three

Dad of Three Guest

I've recently started playing this game and still trying to piece things together. I understand that rumbles are between 5 guilds with an average pirate hall size. If I'm understanding this correctly, is there a way to try and join guilds with pirate halls closer to my hall size?

2. Fil

Fil Captain

You just have to look at the guilds members. If you view their profile the picture at the top center tells you what PH level they are

Dont worry about it too much though, matchmaking doesnt really work anyway

Hawkbeard and Skillzone10 like this.
  3. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

Yep, might just be trial and error. Many guilds post their minimum PH level. You can't judge by rank, because many veteran player fly up and down in rank as they play, but take a look at the captain's profile and the first mates, see what PH they are. No shame in applying and being rejected - you don't know them, they don't know you, they're just looking at your numbers and going with their gut.

In a way, you'll know you've found the right guild when you apply, they accept, and you're not bored or frustrated with them after a week or two. If it doesn't work out, it's easy to just move on.

I highly recommend training your troops up a bit, if you haven't yet, and trying out a guild that rumbles. Adds a whole new dimension to the game. Some might take the rumbles too seriously, but taken for what they are, they can be a lot of fun. The best thing during rumbles is tough offensive pirates, and the best way to get that is to upgrade your academy hall and voodoo hut and train them up - you can even train multiple pirates simultaneously.

Good luck and enjoy!

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

Welcome aboard!

If you want to look in-game, the best option is probably to just look at the recommended guilds several times a day and see what their membership looks like. You can also try searching a couple words - only guilds who's captain has been on in the last two weeks will show up in guild search, so anything you find should have at least some activity, although it may take a couple tries to find a good fit.

Another good option is to check out the recruitment section of the forum, there are many guilds that accept lower PH levels (either casual social guilds, or training guilds to help new players catch up and learn the game). I'm sure plenty of people will jump at the chance to have a new active member join them, regardless of the level.

There is a game-wide community-run slack chat ( http://rov.io/slack to sign up ) with a recruitment section as well, and you may have a bit of luck there, as captains of many guilds watch it.

5. John56

John56 First Mate

If you are interested in Rumbling, there are certainly Guilds out there that accept any PH level, especially if they want to participate and learn. We established Midnight Rebels as a sister Guild to Midnight Rumbles in order to attract and train future rumblers. Everyone starts at PH1 and goes from there, so we have all been there.

Dragonn Mistress likes this.
  6. Dad of Three

Dad of Three Guest

Thanks everyone. In all honesty, it would be great if they had a number next to the guild (ex. Oh 6.3 or ph 4.2). I also thought it would be better to have low level guilds (ph4 and under) where they could grow in a guild where doing a rumble would actually mean something. My experience in a rumble was to see people with high levels attack and get 300+ plunder points, while I'm trying to get 8-26 points, which means I'm really doing nothing to help. If my understanding of the rumbles make sense it would allow those trying to grow have access to the same prizes, match with similarly smaller guilds (ph size), as well as learning how to attack and defend. If I'm wrong, just let me know. I'd like to have a good understanding of this game.

7. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Unfortunately, being low PH level will almost always put you at a severe disadvantage in rumbles. Get with a guild that is not so much interested in winning rumbles, but more interested in player development and developing gaming friendships. There are a few good guilds listed in the recruitment section of this forum that would probably welcome you, and help you to grow. I think Midnight Alliance has a good low level guild. Tortuga's Nest has been around forever. There are a few other good guilds out there. Good luck.

Marmaladesix, John56 and Skillzone10 like this.
  8. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

Skye likes this.