Kraken battles not registering for reward

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Ombit, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Ombit

Ombit Crew

i've fought three or four kraken' so far but none have registered for the trophy?

I'm assuming the big orange octopus thing is the kraken, if it isn't can someone let me know please.

Anyone else having the problem?

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I have only engaged 1 kraken so I wouldn't know.
    Though I did attack a Merchant Ship and succeeded, but for some reason it is still there? I think I got the points for it though, but the same ship is still on my map.

3. Ombit

Ombit Crew

One should show up under the awards for the kraken trophy. As for ships, they re-spawn in different areas after being beaten from what I see.

I'm still loving this game, although my upgrades are starting to slow down :(

4. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

But shouldn't the ships at least get harder every time you beat them? Because I got the exact same ship with same difficulty..
    I don't know if that is a bug or not thought, maybe it's just a coincidence that it spawned at the exact same spot as before.

5. Kit

Kit First Mate

There's a green Kraken also. It's possibly that one that the award concerns.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  6. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Nvm. I did the merchant ship mission again and it disappeared from the map now.

7. Ombit

Ombit Crew

Yup, just discovered the green one. Although, he only has one eye and the Orange one has two. The trophy you can get is also two eye'd.

I'm sure it doesn't really matter.

Kit likes this.
  8. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

I believe it is the green ones you're after. I'd ignore how many eyes they have :)

9. Ombit

Ombit Crew

Lol! Okay Chris! The green ones it is. This might cause some confusion with new players. It doesn't really bother me, I just know you want to get it as polished as poss.

10. Admin [Midoki]

I am pretty sure one is referred to as The Kraken (orange) and the other is The Mighty Kraken (the green one). I think the quest you're talking about specifies The Mighty Kraken, although I could be mistaken.

11. Ombit

Ombit Crew

Ah right! That makes sense!

12. Ombit

Ombit Crew

Yup, just checked Chris and obviously you're right. I currently have one of each, helpfully right beside each other blocking my path! Anyone for deep fried tentacles?

13. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

They are actually delicous:) look a bit freaky though but they are good.
    Ombit, do you need a guild in game?

14. Ombit

Ombit Crew

I'm good thanks Kenny as I'm currently with Adults Only who are a nice bunch, but thanks for the offer!

15. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Np. You seem like an active guy thats why I asked :)

16. Kit

Kit First Mate

Yaay, killed the 3rd Mighty Kraken just now! Thanks for the statue, but no free builders atm, haha.

17. Black Beard

Black Beard Powder Monkey

Im having the same issue. I know ive defeated two Krakens, but its not showing in the progress to unlock the statue. Its still at 0%

18. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

That is the most hot looking blackbeard I have ever seen… :eek:

19. Admin [Midoki]

You are probably attacking the wrong kraken. The Mighty Kraken is the one that needs to be defeated for this quest, and that is the green one